WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

I'm not excited. I feel annoyed at having to watch us come out with no owner or manager in the first game of the season,watching players that won't even be at the club come the end of the window and the team with the mentality of playing for a guy who won't even be manager in the next month, barely anything to build on because this is probably going to be half the team that completes the season and has missed out on a full pre-season of team preparation simply down to the lack of organisation. All of those problems without taking into account we're in the Championship which ironically and incredibly is the last of our worries, I don't think I could have made that post anymore negative but I don't think any of it isn't the truth.

I hear it may be

---------------Harper

Tay------Tay---------Colo------Jose

Jonas----Nolan-------Smith-----Duff

----------Shola--------Carroll

swap Barton for Smith and thats still as good a team as there is in the division

get a new striker and manager and I think we can go up as champions

See above Joey may not have traveled, stormed out of training yesterdat

Daddies?

I'm not excited. I feel annoyed at having to watch us come out with no owner or manager in the first game of the season,watching players that won't even be at the club come the end of the window and the team with the mentality of playing for a guy who won't even be manager in the next month, barely anything to build on because this is probably going to be half the team that completes the season and has missed out on a full pre-season of team preparation simply down to the lack of organisation. All of those problems without taking into account we're in the Championship which ironically and incredibly is the last of our worries, I don't think I could have made that post anymore negative but I don't think any of it isn't the truth.

Agree completely.  I can't get excited for this at all, with us in limbo like this.

Even though I think we'll lose this one, its basically impossible for me to not get excited in the pre-match thread :lol:

Off to the pub soon, hopefully we'll score at least. C'MON CARROL AND MR DANGER RANGER!

Guest Alan_Shearer

Can't believe we are 3/1 to win, thats mental lol, wish i could be arsed to go put a fiver on...

Hughton appeared to set up Saturdays starting XI against the second string in training. Don't think there were any surprises.

The first string line-up was:

Harper

Taylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Jonas Barton Nolan Smith Duff

Carroll

thats as strong a line up as you'll find in this league tbf.

its the lack of manager that will fuck this up.

Guest Marley_The_Dog

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5039/dscf7643o.jpg

May i say you have really white gnashers.

Dental stick a day,, am well looked after man

Hughton appeared to set up Saturdays starting XI against the second string in training. Don't think there were any surprises.

The first string line-up was:

Harper

Taylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Jonas Barton Nolan Smith Duff

Carroll

thats as strong a line up as you'll find in this league tbf.

It should, but mentality just isn't there. Seems like a few people are posting rumours that Barton had a huffy yesterday and hasn't travelled. If that is the case do we play Shola and sacrifice the system practiced in training, or do we play Geremi?

It should, but mentality just isn't there. Seems like a few people are posting rumours that Barton had a huffy yesterday and hasn't travelled. If that is the case do we play Shola and sacrifice the system practiced in training, or do we play Geremi?

Clutching at straws here  :facepalm: but could it be a case of Shearer returning next week and Barton has been told in no uncertain terms that AS still holds it against him so he stormed out of training  :crazy2:

Clutching at straws here  :facepalm: but could it be a case of Shearer returning next week and Barton has been told in no uncertain terms that AS still holds it against him so he stormed out of training  :crazy2:

They had cleared the air between eachother and made up before Shearer left, iirc.

Isn't Barton suspended? Remember it was a 6 game suspension with a further 6 games if he got sent off during the season (which he did).

Surely the media would be all over that one?