Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

Apparently, Bassong's reasoning for not playing was, "If the club are going to make life difficult for me, I'll make life difficult for them."

I said apparently only as a fail safe. But it's taken from an interview he gave Lee Ryder off the record.

how can that possibly be right? edgar is missing burnleys game, hope spurs end up in some s*** over this

Spurs announced last Friday that agreement had been reached for Bassong's transfer.  The FA's deadline to get him registered prior to Newcastle's game was 5pm Friday.  He wasn't registered until after that time so technically he was still Newcastle's player when Newcastle played West Brom. 

As he was still a Newcastle player for the West Brom game, he couldn't play because he was still suspended.  He never played, the second match suspension was satisfied and so he is eligible to play against Liverpool next Sunday. The FA don't now list him as being suspended.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists.aspx

how can that possibly be right? edgar is missing burnleys game, hope spurs end up in some s*** over this

Spurs announced last Friday that agreement had been reached for Bassong's transfer.   The FA's deadline to get him registered prior to Newcastle's game was 5pm Friday.  He wasn't registered until after that time so technically he was still Newcastle's player when Newcastle played West Brom. 

As he was still a Newcastle player for the West Brom game, he couldn't play because he was still suspended.  He never played, the second match suspension was satisfied and so he is eligible to play against Liverpool next Sunday. The FA don't now list him as being suspended.

Jesus christ that list has David Edgar being suspended for us in the premier League.  Hardly accurate now is it?

Spurs announced last Friday that agreement had been reached for Bassong's transfer.   The FA's deadline to get him registered prior to Newcastle's game was 5pm Friday.  He wasn't registered until after that time so technically he was still Newcastle's player when Newcastle played West Brom. 

Just out of interest which match will count as the third of his three match ban then?  I guess that would have to be Newcastle v Reading in Saturday since Spuds don't play till Sunday.

Just out of interest which match will count as the third of his three match ban then?  I guess that would have to be Newcastle v Reading in Saturday since Spuds don't play till Sunday.

He hasn't got a three match ban.

He hasn't got a three match ban.

Thought it was 3 matches for a red card.  Either way I think the whole thing stinks.

We appealed it and got knocked back, he mised the Villa game and has 1 more to miss, Harry is having a laugh.

EVEN if he was still our player he HAD to be named in our squad for the ban to count for that game, if he was not named in our squad then it don't count, anyone remember where we fkd up over this issue?

We appealed it and got knocked back, he mised the Villa game and has 1 more to miss, Harry is having a laugh.

EVEN if he was still our player he HAD to be named in our squad for the ban to count for that game, if he was not named in our squad then it don't count, anyone remember where we fkd up over this issue?

That was Bowyer in Europe, for a domestic ban he doesn't need to be named the squad.

Just looks like Spurs didn't file the paperwork and his registration with the FA until after our game on Saturday.

That was Bowyer in Europe, for a domestic ban he doesn't need to be named the squad.

Just looks like Spurs didn't file the paperwork and his registration with the FA until after our game on Saturday.

Its a disgrace if they get away with it

Will it not also depend on what time we sent our paperwork through though? if he was not classed as our player it don't matter if he was classed as a Spurs player or not the ban is on Bassogn anyway

Why?  Who gives a fuck now he's not our player any more, and the fact that he's not in our division means that even if he plays for Spurs against Liverpool it has NO effect on us in any way at all, even indirectly?

Spurs have been quite clever the way they've gone about this whole thing, but it really doesn't affect us in the slightest so I can't see why people are getting bent out of shape about it.

Guest icemanblue

Why?  Who gives a fuck now he's not our player any more, and the fact that he's not in our division means that even if he plays for Spurs against Liverpool it has NO effect on us in any way at all, even indirectly?

Spurs have been quite clever the way they've gone about this whole thing, but it really doesn't affect us in the slightest so I can't see why people are getting bent out of shape about it.

What this guy said in the quote I've just copied above.

Its a disgrace if they get away with it

i'm sure we've done something similar once. we signed a player and his previous club had a game moved for tv (or we had one delayed for tv) and that got his suspension out the way for us. damned if i can remember who it was.