The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Its only competitive because all the teams are worse than shite. As soon as a side comes alone who are even half decent, they romp it.

2004–05 Sunderland 94

2005–06 Reading        106

2006–07 Sunderland 88

2008–09 Wolves         90

All the seasons above we were at a canter by very, very average teams. Sunderland in 2006/7 is the most prime example.

Even half decent management of the players we have will get us promoted. Look at the success McCarthey, Coppell, Phil Brown, Billy Davies, Warnock etc. have had it that league.

I sincerely hope this mentality doesn't develop within the coaching staff.

I hope it does develop. Half decent management by Hughton would be a massive improvement.

Its only competitive because all the teams are worse than shite. As soon as a side comes alone who are even half decent, they romp it.

2004–05 Sunderland 94

2005–06 Reading        106

2006–07 Sunderland 88

2008–09 Wolves         90

All the seasons above we were at a canter by very, very average teams. Sunderland in 2006/7 is the most prime example.

Even half decent management of the players we have will get us promoted. Look at the success McCarthey, Coppell, Phil Brown, Billy Davies, Warnock etc. have had it that league.

I sincerely hope this mentality doesn't develop within the coaching staff.

I hope it does develop. Half decent management by Hughton would be a massive improvement.

Touche. With one of those accents.

I really fear we're going to get kicked off the park every week this season. Just don't think we've got the energy or enthusiasm to compete physically. Some of these sides will be woeful but they'll battle for 90 minutes and I think a few of them will steamroller us.  :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

You reckon the FA will let us play every game on paper then or will we have to endure 46 soul destroyingly half arsed performances by our lot this year?

All very well saying how good our players are, hardly looked interested so far have they?

Thing is, it's not the team, more the collective mentality that wins promotion. Unfortunately, unless you can get it together, you won't rush through at a canter.

As Dave rudely ruined my question by locking the pissing other thread...I'll post it again. :)

Does anyone else quite like the boro top?

Yup, looks good to me.

It doesn't help them score though, which is their usual problem. I can see Sheffield nicking it.

This is where I don't agree. I can't remember watching many (still at the club anyway), and thinking, "He's not trying or caring". I saw a lot of average/poor Premiership players outplayed though.

Guest Brummiemag

If the attitude of our key players is not spot on, then we are going to get severely punished by the likes of Sheff Utd and Boro. We will find out tomorrow

Am I the only person that really hasn't been impressed by either team in this game?

Adam Johnson looks handy, Quinn for Sheffield United is pretty tidy on the ball, besides that, neither team has any creativity at all.

We'll fit in quite nicely then, won't we? :lol:

Am I the only person that really hasn't been impressed by either team in this game?

Adam Johnson looks handy, Quinn for Sheffield United is pretty tidy on the ball, besides that, neither team has any creativity at all.

We'll fit in very nicely indeed I reckon. Certainly won't be half as bad as a lot of people are making out.

We'll fit in very nicely indeed I reckon. Certainly won't be half as bad as a lot of people are making out.

I hope you're right. :nods:

I'm expecting us to struggle for the first few games though while we get used to things. Going to be a real culture-shock for some of our lot.

Sheffield United are an effective side. I.e not pretty to watch ever, a bit like Birmingham.

Adam Johnson is a god.

Pretty playing sides:

WBA

Swansea

Doncaster

Reading

i can't remember

I really fear we're going to get kicked off the park every week this season. Just don't think we've got the energy or enthusiasm to compete physically. Some of these sides will be woeful but they'll battle for 90 minutes and I think a few of them will steamroller us.  :undecided:

Chin up mate, try not to worry about it, it'll all come right in the end. :thup:

Chin up mate, try not to worry about it, it'll all come right in the end. :thup:

Fucking worked though didn't it, eh?  :lol:

Fucking worked though didn't it, eh?  :lol:

:pow: