The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

They remind me of the team youre first given when you start a new game of Master League on Pro Evo. Average at everything, in every position. Maybe a bit harsh on Cole mind.

See, there's this Asian guy I see at the gym every day, clad in ManU training gear. So one day I decided to chat him up. At the end of the conversation, when I was about to leave, I say:

-"So, and how's life in Manchester?"

-"I'm not from Manchester, I'm from Shanghai"

-"Oh, then maybe one of your parents is from there?"

-"Ehhh... no"

-"Did they send you there to study?"

-"No."

-"Any other relative?"

-"Dude, I am from China."

-"I don't know, since you're a Manchester fan I thought you had, I don't know, and actual tie to the city of Manchester."

-"Oh no, I just like them."

-"My bad, sorry. Anyway, see you, glorychaser."

Everytime he sees me now he eyes me like he's going to kill me with his bare hands and fed me to the sharks or something  :smug:

i take it you've got ties with barca, mate?

i take it you've got ties with barca, mate?

I was born in Barcelona, the first time my dad took me to Camp Nou I was so young that my legs were hanging from the seat. So yes. For me following Barça is a way to show my pride for being from Barcelona and a deep tie with my father.

I can't stand glorychasers, they are sadly necessary to compete nowadays but for me real football fans support their local club, or a club they have real emotional ties with.

Guest firetotheworks

Parker sent off for making a class tackle and then controlling the ball while on the floor with his head. Incredibly harsh.

Just had a debate with Man United fans on another forum who reckon Vidic is not a dirty player.

One thing I have noticed about Vidic is he goes down far too easy and makes a meal out of it as well.Never be said though

He's soft as fuck for a supposed hardman centre half.

Apparently being an ugly Eastern European = hard. See also, Martin Skrtl.

See, there's this Asian guy I see at the gym every day, clad in ManU training gear. So one day I decided to chat him up. At the end of the conversation, when I was about to leave, I say:

-"So, and how's life in Manchester?"

-"I'm not from Manchester, I'm from Shanghai"

-"Oh, then maybe one of your parents is from there?"

-"Ehhh... no"

-"Did they send you there to study?"

-"No."

-"Any other relative?"

-"Dude, I am from China."

-"I don't know, since you're a Manchester fan I thought you had, I don't know, and actual tie to the city of Manchester."

-"Oh no, I just like them."

-"My bad, sorry. Anyway, see you, glorychaser."

Everytime he sees me now he eyes me like he's going to kill me with his bare hands and fed me to the sharks or something  :smug:

What exactly are us foreign supporters supposed to do? My hometown club are Shooting Stars FC of Ibadan. While I still try to follow them and hope they do well, it doesn't make for an interesting life as a football supporter if you exclusively follow a team that most have never heard of and whose matches aren't televised for the most part. European football is brilliant and I don't see why us third-worlders shouldn't be allowed to take interest in the highest level of the sport in the world.

*He's still an idiot for supporting Man U though.