The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Incidentally I just tuned in the game (I have some work so I'm trying not to watch live football) and Coloccini is indeed playing as RB, Ansualdi is LB, with Heinze as CB.

How did Colocinni play ?

most reports I`ve read say he played well

Player ratings

Coloccini 7: Denied Spain a second goal in the first half with a clearance off the line. Kept Iniesta on a tight leash and once the Barca attacker was withdrawn, he took his opportunity to roam forward more often.

That's not a good sign tbh. No doubt one or two La Liga sides would have been impressed and will be having a look at him in January.

Guest Heneage

I only watched the last 15 minutes to be honest, and Spain didn't attack his side much. Heinze and Demichellis looked particularly poor at CB during that stretch, though.

Heinze is a rubbish centre back - can never understand why Real Madrid and Argentina love to play him there. A top left back nonetheless.

He was sold to Marseille in the summer.

Does Heinze play CB for Marseille with Taiwo at LB?

That was the plan originally, yes. In the last few weeks Taiwo was dropped and Heinze played left back, but Deschamps is pretty much an idiot and everyone else realises that Heinze has no business playing left back anymore. I think Taiwo will be back at LB and Heinze in the center once club football returns. Gabriel has scored some big goals, but his defending has not been very good so far, imo.

Been meaning to ask this for a while.

The Transit advert: which game is it (or meant to be representing, looks like Olympiakos) and why did they chose that one?

Pretty sure it's Lua Lua in the build up. That goal's almost a replica to the famous Bellamy in Feyenoord one. :lol:

.......... and everyone else realises that Heinze has no business playing left back anymore.

Do you mean Heinze is a rubbish left back nowadays ? I have not got a clue how is Heinze performing in Marseille.

He was a brilliant left back because he could express fully his lion heart and aggression without too much defensive responsibility (as compared to centre back). He is still decent defensively but simply not cut out for top level centre back defending.

.......... and everyone else realises that Heinze has no business playing left back anymore.

Do you mean Heinze is a rubbish left back nowadays ? I have not got a clue how is Heinze performing in Marseille.

He was a brilliant left back because he could express fully his lion heart and aggression without too much defensive responsibility (as compared to centre back). He is still decent defensively but simply not cut out for top level centre back defending.

He's never been the quickest player, and as he ages his lack of speed and agility is getting shown up by the better wingers. Also, while he has scored some goals, his crossing and general attacking play has not been good really. He's been much better at centreback where his experience and bravery can cover up his weaknesses. If he must start every match (which Deschamps seems convinced of) then it should be at centreback.

aye it is o'akos

Im off to River Plate v Atletico Tucuman in a momento, should be a baaaall

Very good game

River won 3-1 after playing really well second half

The atmosphere is something else at South American games like, noise aplently from both sets of fans for 90mins. Stand was shaking when the River lot got properly going and Tucuman had 3-4000 there despite it 1200km distance between there and BA.

Buenanorte (sp?) is a talent too, like a smaller less good version of Messi. Will be interesting to see if he moves to Europe in the near future. Shame Ortega wasn´t playing like even if he is a little cunt.

He never looked as good after his injury. Plus he's a tart as well.

San Marino U21s losing 8-0 to Germany U21s with 30 mins left to play. Could be double figures

Didn't the senior team score 13 on their last trip to San Marino? Or something equally as ludicrous.