The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I`m a bit surprised about how many people i meet who seem to want Inter to win tonight, the Barca wankathon here in Norway is amazingly huge but about every person i have talked to the last couple of days seems to want Inter to give them a proper beating.

Strange, maybe they are on a jinxing quest or something  :undecided:

I know most shitcocks on here want a Barca win of course and was proper prepared for more people to hate on Inter but it seem to be reversed somehow.

:dowie:

Strange as it may sound, people might just want Barcelona to win irrespective of whether the other team is the one you support.   I want Barcelona to win because they play the best football in Europe (after Newcastle.)

Can't really see Barca leaving the pitch without scoring for two consecutive games. The game against Espanyol you could see why they bought Zlatan, to sort of get a plan B when their plan a, which is passing the ball around like crazy, fails. Just a shame Zlatan couldn't make the full 90.

I'm going for a draw tonight, which means it most likely won't be a draw...

Having seen Barca playing against Stuttart earlier in this CL campaign I just can't see them getting anything tonight. Mourinho and Inter have shown against Chelsea how good (tactical) they are. They'll get a win tonight imo and I even think they'll win the Champions League. Hoping it anyway as I hate Barca.

I don't get how you can hate Barca/Messi etc. You basically have a hatred for football imo.

No, I love the way they play, it's great football, no doubt about that. But I don't like spanish teams in generall. Don't know why tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't get how you can hate Barca/Messi etc. You basically have a hatred for football imo.

No, I love the way they play, it's great football, no doubt about that. But I don't like spanish teams in generall. Don't know why tbh.

Ah right. Aye, that makes sense. Everyone has their teams they hate for no reason.  :thup:

I have found peace in the fact that most guys/girls? on here doesn't like Inter and it's ok for me now.

So it would be just natural that Italian hating Englishmen want Barca to tag them properly.

Just amazed that my experience before this game is the other way around of what i thought it would be.

The main reason people don't like Inter is because of the way they conducted themselves against us in the CL a few years ago.

I have found peace in the fact that most guys/girls? on here doesn't like Inter and it's ok for me now.

So it would be just natural that Italian hating Englishmen want Barca to tag them properly.

Just amazed that my experience before this game is the other way around of what i thought it would be.

The main reason people don't like Inter is because of the way they conducted themselves against us in the CL a few years ago.

and their fans and policing in the away leg.

and their fans and policing in the away leg.

Agree with both of these.

Can't wait for this one, won't be easy and the team started to look tired against Espanyol.

I don't really hate Inter, always been my favorite Italian team (because of the HH/Luís Suárez connection). So I hope they go and win the whole thing if we lose (which they probably would against Bayern/Lyon).

Also, here in the USA I don't find many people supporting us, quite the contrary, I get jeered a lot of the time I wear my Barça shirts. I think it's because most of the EPL gloryhunters resent us defeating ManU/Arsenal/Chelsea in the past 12 months.

Mr Idiot, how do you think Atletico will do against Liverpool?

I've got a competition at work (guess the right score, 1st goalscorer) and some inside info would be good!

Also, do think there's anything in Torres not wanting to play against Atletico after he missed the games between the two sides a few years ago?

Mr Idiot, how do you think Atletico will do against Liverpool?

I've got a competition at work (guess the right score, 1st goalscorer) and some inside info would be good!

Also, do think there's anything in Torres not wanting to play against Atletico after he missed the games between the two sides a few years ago?

Torres' injury is pretty serious, I wouldn't read anything into his decision to get surgery at this point. If anything, I think he's playing it safe for the WC.

Liverpool are shit this year, more so are Atlético. Even Torress-less I think the scousers have the edge. Even if you might think that Atlético's European form is good, just take a look how they made the final: crashed out of the CL and then proceeded to win a single game (2-1 against Galatasaray) of the 6 they played to get the final. Everything else have been draws against Benfica and Valencia, which saw them through on away goals.

Of course Liverpool are utterly toothless without Torres...

I want Barcelona to win the CL, as I hope it will in some way help them to start to get over their defeat to Aston Villa in the 1983 European Super Cup, where Sid Cowans and Lord Gary Shaw took them apart in the second leg.

The only bit of that match i remember with any clarity is Cowans scoring the penalty and the Barca keeper getting up and kicking Cowans into the back of the net (he was retrieving the ball at the time, not from the penalty spot or anything - that would have been quite something).

I want Barcelona to win the CL, as I hope it will in some way help them to start to get over their defeat to Aston Villa in the 1983 European Super Cup, where Sid Cowans and Lord Gary Shaw took them apart in the second leg.

The only bit of that match i remember with any clarity is Cowans scoring the penalty and the Barca keeper getting up and kicking Cowans into the back of the net (he was retrieving the ball at the time, not from the penalty spot or anything - that would have been quite something).

Oh, I vaguely remember that (I was a wee kid). Wasn't it 1982 though? Urruti was the keeper.

Can't wait for this one, won't be easy and the team started to look tired against Espanyol.

I don't really hate Inter, always been my favorite Italian team (because of the HH/Luís Suárez connection). So I hope they go and win the whole thing if we lose (which they probably would against Bayern/Lyon).

Also, here in the USA I don't find many people supporting us, quite the contrary, I get jeered a lot of the time I wear my Barça shirts. I think it's because most of the EPL gloryhunters resent us defeating ManU/Arsenal/Chelsea in the past 12 months.

Either that or they think you are a gloryhunter (not that I do btw)

Nevertheless, I don't really care, and in these situations I usually back one team at random so it makes better watching. Forza........ Internazionale!

Guest palnese

FC Internazionale: Júlio César; Maicon, Lúcio, Samuel, Zanetti; Motta, Cambiasso, Sneijder; Pandev; Milito, Eto'o

Subs: Orlandoni, Córdoba, Stankovic, Muntari, Materazzi, Chivu, Balotelli

FC Barcelona: Valdés; Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Keita; Messi, Zlatan, Pedro

Subs: Pinto, Márquez, Bojan, Henry, Touré, Milito, Abidal