The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

"shit" olic gets a hat trick

A better version of our very own Peter Lovenkrands.

reminds me of bellamy, but not as skilful, though scores more iirc. quick, great movement, hassles defenders. not the tidiest player but he makes up for it with energy.

Lyon have literally gave up.

Same can't be said of their supporters. Brilliant noise.

Be a bit of a shame if Lyon and/or Bordeaux miss out on the CL next season. Can't see Auxerre, Lille or Montpellier being up to much in it.

OMG. Can't find any words for that. Bayern should have dropped out in the group stages, in the finals against Florenz and Man U. Now they're going to the final. Can only hope for the special one now. He'll do it.

OMG. Can't find any words for that. Bayern should have dropped out in the group stages, in the finals against Florenz and Man U. Now they're going to the final. Can only hope for the special one now. He'll do it.

What German team do you support? Assuming you support one.

I hope the Barca - Inter game is as epic as it should be.

Look at this quote from Thiago Motta:

“We will therefore try to play cleanly. I watch Barcelona on television and see the players diving, but the important thing for us to do is step on to the field with a cool head and help the referee."

Hypocrisy or what :lol:

Love how he talks like he's never been part of this team he's criticizing  :lol:

That's what I was wondering aswell. However it's not the worst thing about that quote.

It is when you have watched him go down like a sack of spuds/getting sent off for dirty tackles four seasons straight.

“We will therefore try to play cleanly. I watch Barcelona on television and see the players diving, but the important thing for us to do is step on to the field with a cool head and help the referee."

Probably trying to get the ref on his side. Pretty clever tbh, doubt it will change much though.

Probably trying to get the ref on his side. Pretty clever tbh, doubt it will change much though.

Yep, I'm sure the ref will already know all about Motta and Inter's antics though.

Yep, I'm sure the ref will already know all about Motta and Inter's antics though.

quite looking forward to this match. first time in a while i've watched a game with no bearing on NUFC or cash (though i have backed barce)and actually really wanted one team to badly doo the other.

Be a bit of a shame if Lyon and/or Bordeaux miss out on the CL next season. Can't see Auxerre, Lille or Montpellier being up to much in it.

Lille have some really nice players and a decent squad, so I think they would put up a good challenge. Auxerre could be competitive with some improvement, but I don't really think they have the money to psuh forward, their title challenge this year was a surprise. Montpellier would have no chance. Lyon will be in the CL places if they win their match in hand anyway. Not sure if they will anyway, after how poor they were today.

Hehe, I'm in New York so I'm far from the hype, but for the little I hear people are pumped. Everyone is telling us off, so we'll at least "die killing" like we say in Spain.

We need to adopt this for English.

What German team do you support? Assuming you support one.

I'm a bit fan of Augsburg (because that's the locally closest club of the first two leagues to me) and I've started fancying Hamburg a bit the time Van der Vaart played for them. Still like them and they're probably my favourite team in the Bundesliga.

But I'm not supporting any team really like I do with Newcastle.

Lille have some really nice players and a decent squad, so I think they would put up a good challenge. Auxerre could be competitive with some improvement, but I don't really think they have the money to psuh forward, their title challenge this year was a surprise. Montpellier would have no chance. Lyon will be in the CL places if they win their match in hand anyway. Not sure if they will anyway, after how poor they were today.

Lille do have a decent enough squad but will it not get plundered over the summer?

I'm no expert on Auxerre but if they were to gamble & spend a fair bit on new players wouldn't that jeopardise them as they have quite a small budget due to being from a small town etc. That manager who was there for 30+ years still on the scene?

Lille do have a decent enough squad but will it not get plundered over the summer?

I'm no expert on Auxerre but if they were to gamble & spend a fair bit on new players wouldn't that jeopardise them as they have quite a small budget due to being from a small town etc. That manager who was there for 30+ years still on the scene?

guy roux wasn't it ? went to lens but didn't last long. i think he's retired now. santini took over from him at auxerre but i've no idea if he's still there.

guy roux wasn't it ? went to lens but didn't last long. i think he's retired now. santini took over from him at auxerre but i've no idea if he's still there.

Aye i think so, couldn't remember if he was Auxerre fella or the chef.

Got to say, I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. Hate Inter, but I love Jose, so hoping that they'll go through. Still wouldn't be disappointed to see Barca in the final mind. Win/win basically :)