The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest timmy boy

Nothing to do the with the pace they were going.Fair enough if he slide along the ground in a 50 50 challenge and injured him, that happens. He came in over the top of the ball and stamped down on the guys ankle, looks like a horrific challenge to me.

Guest Stephen927

Nothing to do the with the pace they were going

Sorry, but that's bollocks. Yes, it was a shocking challenge, but at a slower pace it wouldn't have broken his leg.

Yes, the momentum broke his leg, he went in quite fast for a 50/50 ball. At a slower pace it would have still been a nasty challenge but not enough pace to snap the leg.

Nothing to do the with the pace they were going

Sorry, but that's bollocks. Yes, it was a shocking challenge, but at a slower pace it wouldn't have broken his leg.

Yes, the momentum broke his leg, he went in quite fast for a 50/50 ball. At a slower pace it would have still been a nasty challenge but not enough pace to snap the leg.

Which is what I said in the first place; "I've seen much worse tackles..."

They should decide on the punishment based on the action, not the outcome.

Just seen Neil Warnock criticising the referee for playing by the rules in sending off one of his players yesterday.

Damn these officials and their arbitrative ways.

I wish refs would occasionally go on TV and say "look, you should have subbed this guy, why do you pick him, your formation's rubbish, how can you show your face when you lost today etc etc." Respect my arse.