The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

2 lads I went to school with, and Ketsbaia's Shiny Head is (or was, I don't know!) mates with were on MOTD jumping around like lunatics when Anton Ferdinand scored that 'goal'.

Yeah I bet they felt silly. They looked like cheesy chip loving hooligans! How jammy though, their first match in years and they get on telly straight away!

That reminds me... Can't believe I haven't told this story on N-O before.

Happened after my second trip to SJP (spring of 2008 I think), I had an extra day in London after the match (an unfortunate 3-0 pasting against Liverpool) and decided I'd head over to Upton Park to catch West Ham vs. Spurs, partly because I wanted to see Nobby in action and partly because I had nothing better to do with my time.

Since this was a spur of the moment thing, I didn't have a ticket on me which left me circling the ground in search of a tout... Turns out these aren't all that easy to find in England and I was just about to head elsewhere when I found a bloke who offered me a ticket for 2x face value. Helluva lot of cash to drop on watching a match as a neutral... But what the hell, I don't get to go to England that often.

So I grab my ticket and run over to the ground, hoping to see Spurs get a good pasting... And that's when I notice that my ticket is in the away section. The god damn first row of the away section.

The minute I sit down two rather nice looking (and large) blokes from either side clap me on the back and ask me whereabouts I'm from, and I don't have the heart (or balls) to tell them that I'm a neutral (worse yet, a Newcastle fan.) So I play along and try to stay as quiet as possible... And West Ham score first off a beautiful assist from Solano. It takes everything I've got to feign mild disappointment. When Michael Dawson scores a late equalizer, the blokes on either side of me are all over me jumping up and down and I muster every last molecule of acting skill in my body to appear happy.

So that was that, I chalk it off as an unusual experience and head home. A few days later, I'm browsing match reports on the net when I find this.

http://img.todaystory.net/img/030daf9aef8d58d1cf916865a218715b.jpg

Yup, the only time I've ever been caught on camera in fifteen years of watching footy... And it had to be while I was sitting with Tottenham away fans in Upton Park.

:lol:

Nice story. Kind of makes a nice parody smiley of Dowie as well http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4746/oldtype.jpg

:lol:

Seriously, what does Rafa see in N'Gog?

No one knows, you could say the same about Lucas, Gareth Barry over Alonso, and the endless stream of s*** Spanish left backs he signs.

Not that he's spanish but Insua is a good player. Agree with the rest though, he's made some baffling decisions.

Guest Geordiesned

Howard Webb is having a mare. He reminds me of Uriah Rennie in that when he came on the scene he was the best around but now seems to get far too many decisions wrong.

Really, really starting to think that Alonso is the most important player of Real Madrid. The difference in composure and organization when he's not in the pitch (like the Lyon defeat) is astounding. They are pretty much in lump it to Ronaldo mode now.

Still they are going to beat Racing comfortably, mind.

The Villareal (6-2) game best represents what Alonso is all about. Time and time again he picked the ball up in tight areas and found Ronaldo and Higuain running the channels. The amount they got in behind via Alonso passes in that game was absolutely ridiculous.