The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Arsenal's game depends on confidence, and it wasn't there tonight. Clichy is the only player that can look in the mirror and say that he really gave it a go.

Their only chance was to shake Barca up a bit, but they weren't up for it.

Arsenal's game depends on confidence, and it wasn't there tonight.

They just don't have a clue what to do when they don't have the ball for long periods of time, which is why they usually get battered by the biggest teams.

They just don't have a clue what to do when they don't have the ball for long periods of time, which is why they usually get battered by the biggest teams.

Moritz Volz (I think) made a very good point on Radio 5 at lunchtime today about how Barca did to Arsenal in that first half an hour at the Emirates exactly what Arsenal normally do to other teams.

I think it was pretty damning how little they pressured our players when they lost the ball.

Moritz Volz (I think) made a very good point on Radio 5 at lunchtime today about how Barca did to Arsenal in that first half an hour at the Emirates exactly what Arsenal normally do to other teams.

It was always going to be difficult for them, because they play a similar game to Barca, only Barca do it better. They really needed to seize any chances that came their way.

I suppose they did miss the likes of Fabregas and Arshavin, who always at least try and express themselves.

Barca were without the spine of their team aswell though.

They have about 3 different spines they can play. They can afford 2 first elevens whereas Arsenal don't have anywhere near the same strength in depth.

I really don't think Barca is much deeper than Arsenal at all. They just have better players in general and some of Arsenal's best player seem heavily injury-prone.

Lionel Messi is really good, btw. I'm just hoping he's having an off day on June 12. Really tired of playing such good teams in the first matches of the WC. Spain, Argentina, and Argentina in the last three :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Diaby was immense.

In a 'do fuck all but let the opposition cm's pass around you' sort of way?

Guest kingdawson

That was lovely to watch.

The brilliance of Messi or Arsenal getting raped? :lol:

Both tbh mate. I usually just like watching Gooners lose but that Messi masterclass was something else.