The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Xerez are beating Atletico Madrid 2-1 currently.

They just switched off the league already. Calderón booing their own players though.

can xerez stay up still?

6 points off, and two other teams above them. Huge ask at this point, but they have made a better show of themselves than expected (people were foreseeing sub-25 point tallies)

what time does barcelona's match start?

15 minutes.

Barça: Valdés; Alves, Márquez, Piqué, Maxwell; Touré, Xavi, Jeffren; Messi, Bojan, Pedro

Depor: Aranzubia; Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Piscu, Laure; Antonio Tomás, Sergio, Guardado, Pablo Álvarez, Juan Rodríguez, Riki

Looks we'll do the 4-4-2 again. Live and you'll see!

what time does barcelona's match start?

15 minutes.

Barça: Valdés; Alves, Márquez, Piqué, Maxwell; Touré, Xavi, Jeffren; Messi, Bojan, Pedro

Depor: Aranzubia; Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Piscu, Laure; Antonio Tomás, Sergio, Guardado, Pablo Álvarez, Juan Rodríguez, Riki

Barca wins.

Guest Phil K

Over the past few weeks I've discovered that most Arsenal fans appear to be utter tossers, so I've been put off wanting them to win the league.

Every club has them of course, but after meeting umpteen of them over the years up here before and after SJP games, I've come to the conclusion that their WORST examples travel for the away games. My niece had to be held back from kicking the sh*t out of one big mouthed cockney cow of an example. She scarpered quick, and one of their more intelligent types apologized for her mouthiness. This being in the Strawberry. The pompous cow obviously thought the men wouldn't have a go at a woman. Right, but there are female Newcastle fans too....

Overall though I find them no worse than the rest, and better than most - paticularly in comparison to their their southern compatriots.

Casual 2-0 or 5-1 slaughter, VI?

Casual. We have a bunch of big matches coming up and our squad is a bit depleted.

Henry hasn't taken the field since his sub appearance in the first leg of the Arsenal match. Even Jeffren gets in the lineup before him nowadays.

Oh, regarding the "club vs country" discussion we had going yesterday, one of the talking points going around in Spain is if Iniesta should rush his recovery to be able to play the last games of the season for us (including a potential CL final) or play it safe and don't risk his WC chances.

You had a similar situation with Rooney, the way Fergie risked him.

I'm enjoying the Tottenham - Arsenal game. It's typical Arsenal, lovely build-up but not enough bite in the penalty area. Hard to predict how this one will go.

Bendtner still looks like he's been parachuted in from a completely different side.

VI, will this be more like a 4-2-4 from Barca for the majority?

4-2-4/4-4-2, we have been using it seldomly these past games, has the advantage of putting Messi nearer to the goal but without having to battle it on his own (earlier this season we played Messi as ST in a 433 and he was bullied out easily)

VI, will this be more like a 4-2-4 from Barca for the majority?

4-2-4/4-4-2, we have been using it seldomly these past games, has the advantage of putting Messi nearer to the goal but without having to battle it on his own (earlier this season we played Messi as ST in a 433 and he was bullied out easily)

I lose track of your formations quite alot if I'm honest. It seems far too fluid to be classified into a strict formation.

Looks like, despite scoring, Rose has managed to be shit enough to get himself subbed at HT.

Injured.

Gash defending. Spurs first win over Arsenal in the league since '99 probably.

Looks like, despite scoring, Rose has managed to be shit enough to get himself subbed at HT.

This is why I am right. Plus Bale scored and Pilko will admit that I have been playing him up all night.