The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

VI, are you at all concerned by your build-up? Yes, you have a collection of excellent players but a thoroughly unconvincing win against the Saudis with a last-minute win, and a very late win against South Korea is a bit worrying for a team with the quality you have.

Let's use "you" to avoid a Catalan v Spanish argument. :lol:

No, I'm not worried. They are just friendlies, and we haven't played more than 45 minutes with our ideal starting XI anyway. The last 30 minutes of the Korea game, with both Xavis, Silva, Villa, etc... on the pitch we have battered them.

By that measure should we not be concerned by the way we scraped past Mexico and Japan?

Yes, to an extent. It'd be stupid to ignore them as though they didn't exist. It doesn't mean I suddenly think we'll do crap. By asking VI whether he'd be concerned, it doesn't mean I expect Spain to crash out early - it comes down to the small details with the top quality sides.

Okay that was less bad than I expected. They were always going to rip us to little bits once Xavi/Xabi/Villa came on and our defense looked fairly confident the whole time. Hopefully we'll be able to put a bit more "attack" in "counter-attack" at the finals with Jisung in the team.

Fucking hell though, could one of those "Spain B" players not have been born South Korean? :lol: I think I'd kill to have any of that 2nd XI in our squad. Well, maybe not Capadevilla. Our left back is better :smitten:

Question, why does Cha Du-Ri play at right back for you? He looks awfully uncomfortable there.

He'd look uncomfortable anywhere on the pitch man :lol: He's barely a footballer. We just play him because he's faster than Oba and stronger than Drogba.

That and the amusement value.

Question, why does Cha Du-Ri play at right back for you? He looks awfully uncomfortable there.

He'd look uncomfortable anywhere on the pitch man :lol: He's barely a footballer. We just play him because he's faster than Oba and stronger than Drogba.

That and the amusement value.

:lol: fair enough

http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200906/200906180230.jpg

Just wanted to elaborate a bit more on one of my personal legends :lol:

Du-Ri Cha is a bit of a cult hero over here. He's a complete freak of nature: an Asian with the speed of Martins and the strength of Drogba (runs the 100m in under 11 seconds, has actually tussled shoulder-to-shoulder with Drogba and knocked him over.) Just one thing: he cannot play football. At all.

If he had even an ounce of aptitude for the game he probably would have been the greatest striker to ever wear a Korea shirt, instead he got shunted out to fullback midway through his career because his club manager realized that was the position where he'd be able to use his speed and strength while doing the least damage to the team as a whole.

It's a bit mental at South Korea home games. We cheer whenever he picks up the ball, cheer whenever he steamrolls over an entire flank and runs through onto goal, and cheer even louder when he inevitably f***s it up in the most comical fashion imaginable. Absolute legend (and he'll be marking Messi by the way)

Would love it for us to sign him :lol: