The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Lots of Championship games are far more open when we're not playing. Take this game on now; if we were allowed this much time and space by opposition teams we'd be doing far better.

They all try harder against us, on and off the pitch.

Aye and we play straight into their hands by not using our edge in quality.

Well arguably it's our edge in quality that sees us top of the league despite the poor tactics and uplifted effort of the opposition. What's annoying is that instead of going for it and making the other teams worry about us, we're too negative. Smashing it long and playing the likes of Butt and Smith every single game, like there are a load of amazing, dangerous players in this league that we need to watch out for.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye and we play straight into their hands by not using our edge in quality.

Isn't our edge in quality the reason that we went 10 points clear? The fact that they dont have the edge in quality to score, and that we do?

Guest Stephen927

Yep, we should really be trying to force goals in attack, goals just seem to come to us at the moment. I really don't understand this long ball tactic, especially at home. Get at them, play the ball into feet, but then again we all know how good our midfielders are at showing for the ball and providing options...

Away from home we've not played to our full capabilties and have basically relied on excellent defensive performances and yes, poor finishing.

When we go ahead we try to rest on that laurel instead of maintaing the type of football that puts teams on the back foot. Today was a perfect case in point: We played good stuff between their opener and our second, but after that just reverted to type.

Away from home we've not played to our full capabilties and have basically relied on excellent defensive performances and yes, poor finishing.

When we go ahead we try to rest on that laurel instead of maintaing the type of football that puts teams on the back foot. Today was a perfect case in point: We played good stuff between their opener and our second, but after that just reverted to type.

Yep, it was exactly the same as at Barnsley. Fuck knows what Hughton tells them at half time.

Guest Heneage

Mullins in ahead of Yebda, Diop and Boateng? I know they're away from home etc etc but f*** me.

Probably thought he has a point to prove being a former player.

Guest Heneage

Luis Jiminez has come out? :lol:

He calls HEEMENEZ twice, then pronounces it right, then goes back to HEEMENEZ. :lol:

And I'm not saying I'd pick Mullins I'm just saying why he might.

Guest kingdawson

Knob head Gerrards fouls were far worse than Ward's but he didn't even get a yellow. No way would a Liverpool player been sent off for those 'fouls'.