The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Kaka is a great player, but his performances haven't warranted the praise recently. I mean, he finished very highly in both the Ballon D'or and WPOTY awards despite the fact that Zlatan has massively outperformed him in Italy for the last 2 seasons.

For some reason i have never liked Kaka, think he's a bit overrated to be honest.

He's really good but I agree overrated.  He's behind Ronado, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and probably a couple of others IMO.

I love how Kaka can just glide past a player though, looks so smooth and as if he doesn't even put any effort in. Doesn't even look like he's sprinitng a lot of the time either, just breezes past.

Kaka is a great player, but his performances haven't warranted the praise recently. I mean, he finished very highly in both the Ballon D'or and WPOTY awards despite the fact that Zlatan has massively outperformed him in Italy for the last 2 seasons.

His international form has earned him that, more than his performances in Italy. I don't particularly rate international football at all versus club football, but he's been great for Brazil.

His international form has earned him that, more than his performances in Italy. I don't particularly rate international football at all versus club football, but he's been great for Brazil.

Yeah I suppose he's pretty influential for the way Brazil play under Dunga, infact they rely on his availability.

I do think that club football should be a more important yardstick for these kind of awards, doing it a handful of games for your country shouldn't be valued higher than doing it all season at club level.

It will be interesting who lines up as centreforward tonight for Barça. The prior games where Ibra wasn't available for a league game Guardiola tried first with Henry and then Messi, to not very good results. Probably it will be Henry since he showed improved form against Villarreal (for all the good it did).

Tenerife still got their Scotland flag kit?

It's the flag of the island of Tenerife, the cross of Sant Andrew was the flag of the Spanish Empire and a common motif in our heraldry of the time.

And yes, they still use it as away kit iirc, don't think you'll see it tonight.