The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

How did Diouf do the time he was in?

Did pretty much nothing. More than Owen would've, though.

Will be pretty interesting to see what he can achieve at Manu, a huge step up from Tippeligaen.

You think he will cut it, he is a very powerful striker when you think about it, scored some nice goals.

He's good enough for the Prem, imo. I'm unsure he's good enough for one of the top teams though.

Birmingham should be our role model for next year. Last year by this time they were not a better team than we are today..

Agree with all of that. :nods:

McCleish has moulded them together and they're tough to beat. Not much flair there but grinding out results and they're nearly safe already.

Diouff.

Ah right, Christ, thank God.

Is it that amazing? Afonso Alves had a better record in a better league.

Afonso was 25 or 26 when he did well for Herenveen though, this lad's just turned 22. Seems a hell of a lot of goals in a 4 month loan.

So glad Fletcher got sent off, what a piece of shit that guy is.  Probably my most hated player in the Prem.  Always the first guy complaining on the pitch and in the ref's face and he's always putting in retaliation tackles that could seriously injure people. 

Must say, Birmingham's "in your face" approach is quite impressive. Always thought of it as a non-club. McLeish has done a fine job.

Similar to the way he got Scotland playing during his tenure there.

Birmingham should be our role model for next year. Last year by this time they were not a better team than we are today..

Agree with all of that. :nods:

McCleish has moulded them together and they're tough to beat. Not much flair there but grinding out results and they're nearly safe already.

A midfield axis of Bowyer and Ferguson (combined age about 65) and Stephen Carr, 33,  at right back plus a host of career journeymen - it's an astonishing performance. Mind you in the Premiership every season throws up a club or two that over-achieves.

Offside Goal? You can't have an offside own goal.

I guess technically you could depending on the attacker's involvement/positioning... having just seen the goal though there isn't a single offside at any point. Don't know what the messing about with the linesman in the aftermath was all about.

One of my mates had a spare in the Manyoo end today so I went with him. Fuck me what cunts their fans are, was a laugh for most of it but at half time rioting in the bar area against riot police, proper going for them. To be fair though there was no trouble whatsoever until the police came, was a bit pointless them coming in and starting everything off.