The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

Page 110:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

What if he grabs you in the box and it ends up outside the box?

Yeah it's still a penalty. Shut up James.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

Page 110:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

Fair enough, thought it worked the other way round. How strange.

Good decision linesman.

It used to be the other way around, it must have changed in the last few years.

Mali are protesting to CAF about the events yesterday. Mali won their match, but if Angola and Algeria played out a draw between themselves, they would both go through. To the surprise of absolutely no one, the teams played out a boring 0-0 draw. :lol: It's a shame for Mali, but tey wont win the appeal, and they probaly shouldn't have let Angola get a 4-0 lead against them.

Mali are protesting to CAF about the events yesterday. Mali won their match, but if Angola and Algeria played out a draw between themselves, they would both go through. To the surprise of absolutely no one, the teams played out a boring 0-0 draw. :lol: It's a shame for Mali, but tey wont win the appeal, and they probaly shouldn't have let Angola get a 4-0 lead against them.

Quite ironic - wasn't it Algeria that went out of a World Cup in similar circumstances?

I think it was Germany and Austria that played out a 0-0, '86 maybe?

I'll take Seydou Keita back, thanks  :snod:

Mali have so many good players, yet they ALWAYS fail to do well. I mean in 2008, they had Nigeria and CIV in their group so they were up against it, but there is no way they should have failed to get out of that group.

Ghana three minutes away from the quarters, but if Burkinabe score, they will be out.

Probably the lack of tactical knowledge.

Oh wait... That's racism :rolleyes:

:lol: What? :lol: I thought all of us Africans didn't have any tactical knowledge, so how can Mali's lack of it explain their failures in Africa?

Anyway, Ghana are through. Messed up group where everyone only played two matches. Ghana didn't look special, but no one else has so far.

I'll take Seydou Keita back, thanks  :snod:

Mali have so many good players, yet they ALWAYS fail to do well. I mean in 2008, they had Nigeria and CIV in their group so they were up against it, but there is no way they should have failed to get out of that group.

Ghana three minutes away from the quarters, but if Burkinabe score, they will be out.

African teams don't seem to play very often, do they? Do they have the same amount of friendly, quals, etc... fixtures that European players have for example?

:pow:

Ivory Coast vs Ghana in a final, is that a possible scenario, or will they meet before that?

Very much a possibility. They already played in this tourney though, with CIV winning 3-1.

I'll take Seydou Keita back, thanks :snod:

African teams don't seem to play very often, do they? Do they have the same amount of friendly, quals, etc... fixtures that European players have for example?

Not as many friendlies due to lack of organization and the qualification for the the CAN in a World Cup year is combined with WC qualification. Otherwise, it is a similar amount.