The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

River V Boca later on for the nightowls in the UK.

Think that's Sunday night/Monday morning mate.

BET365: 21 Jan 01:10

MY2P has down for AM tomorrow as well

http://tv.espn.co.uk/sports-on-espn/freetoair_fixtures.php

ESPN reckon Sunday night, hmmm.

EDIT: Playing each other twice in a few days.

:up:

http://www.cariverplate.com.ar/tpl.php?cat=es&url=laprevia.php

River V Boca later on for the nightowls in the UK.

Too many tourists. It annoyed me massively how many people i saw at River & Boca who had little/no interest in football but went to see them because its 'the' thing to do in Buenos Aires. People paying 20x over the odds just to go a football match its fucking ridiculous.

Vamos Boca btw although Godoy Cruz are my Argentine team.

Wtf? So Bolton and Arsenal played each other in the league on Sunday... then three days later played the return league game? That's mental, don't think i've ever seen home/away games so close together.

Wtf? So Bolton and Arsenal played each other in the league on Sunday... then three days later played the return league game? That's mental, don't think i've ever seen home/away games so close together.

It was a moved postponed game I think.

It was a moved postponed game I think.

Yeah, the one tonight was originally meant to be played back in August, but because of Arsenal's Champions League qualifier it got put back to the beginning of January. Then snow happened, so it got put back again to this week.

That decision against Crouch was absolutely terrible mind, and the Defoe goal was perfectly legit.

Certainly. But, as I'm sure you agree, calling him corrupt is baseless.

I thought Defoe fouled the keeper tbh. He gave him a tug across the shoulders and I assumed at the time that it was the reason the goal was disallowed.

Aye, like Jermaine Defore muscled Reina to the ground. :lol:

Anyway, I don't think Webb's corrupt but he's been shocking tonight and is generally a poor ref.

Indeed, usually most accusations of referee bias and corruption are more easily explained by simple ineptitude.

Or the fact that it's a difficult job and no-one's going to do it perfectly and to everyone's satisfaction.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article6996311.ece

Harry Redknapp left fuming as Sebastien Bassong is caught short at Anfield

Sebastien Bassong bore the brunt of Harry Redknapp's frustration at Anfield last night after the Tottenham Hotspur defender's introduction as a substitute was delayed because he had forgotten to put on his shorts.

A difficult night for Spurs was encapsulated with ten minutes of the match remaining, when Redknapp chose to bring Bassong on for Ledley King. However, Bassong was completely unprepared for his manager's call and spent the next two minutes frantically scrambling for his shorts and shin pads.

“I don’t know how you forget to put your shorts on,” Redknapp said. “I’m still trying to figure it out. I’ve not seen that before. It's a new one on me and you do wonder, don't you? I don't know whether someone has to do his bootlaces up as well."

As it happened Redknapp may wish he had left Bassong on the bench. Within ten minutes of his introduction the player had conceded a penalty by upending David Ngog, allowing Dirk Kuyt to score Liverpool's second goal from the spot.

It used to happen every season.