The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Brummie, Villa seem to have lot of trouble finding the back of the net. Do you think it's because of your striking options or the midfield? (midfield looks good on paper, but I haven't watched Villa that much this season).

Both.

martin o'neill has spent 200M quid at aston villa  :frantic:

Except he hasn't.

How much better should we be doing? A top four ever-present in three years? It doesn't happen that way, sadly.

This was a cup tie, anything can happen. Ask Man United. Or Arsenal. Or Liverpool.

I liked Ambrose like. I say this all the time, but when we got rid I saw more in him than I did in Milner. No doubt who's better now though. But any one of Carle, Danns and Ambrose would significantly improve our centre midfield.

Ditto, on both counts.

Guest neesy111

martin o'neill has spent 200M quid at aston villa  :frantic:

Except he hasn't.

How much better should we be doing? A top four ever-present in three years? It doesn't happen that way, sadly.

This was a cup tie, anything can happen. Ask Man United. Or Arsenal. Or Liverpool.

well what is the exact figure, cos from football podcast's i've been reading it's pretty close

villa we're a mid-table team before o'neill came, fine they've improved but that's a lot of money in anyone's view

Brummie, Villa seem to have lot of trouble finding the back of the net. Do you think it's because of your striking options or the midfield? (midfield looks good on paper, but I haven't watched Villa that much this season).

Just take a look at Emile Heskey's scoring record, says it all really.

Well, it's not like he starts for them every week. Agbonlahor is moderately prolific but they have only 32 goals this season, by far the lowest amount of the "top 7" (top 4+City/Villa/Spurs)

I liked Ambrose like. I say this all the time, but when we got rid I saw more in him than I did in Milner. No doubt who's better now though. But any one of Carle, Danns and Ambrose would significantly improve our centre midfield.

Ditto, on both counts.

and seconded. Always thought Ambrose had a decent strike and would make a half decent central midfielder for someone.

Warnock was mint there, I love how one-eyed he is. He's great.

"I tell you what though, we was...... I can't use the word Gabriel, it'll cost me two or three grand" :lol:

Like he isn't going to get done for what he'd already said before that. :lol:

Draw if anyone cares

Chelsea v Manchester City or Stoke City

Fulham v Bolton Wanderers or Tottenham Hotspur

Reading or West Brom v Crystal Palace or Aston Villa

Portsmouth v Birmingham City

(Ties to be played on 6 & 7 March).

It was a great strike, no-one will agree with me but I think Friedel should have done better though. The ball looked far from right in the corner.

I always liked Ambrose too, can't remember who I preferred between him and Milner but it probably was Ambrose.

I also said "Ambrose will score a screamer" in the Bolton game, practically every game I say "so and so will score" so it had to come right at least once but the "screamer" bit made me put on a lotto ticket that week  :laugh: