The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

christ is that all fulham bring or is it a one off due to visit to shaktar and who the hell wants to go to sunderland?

To be honest, I'd imagine Sunderland and Donetsk are pretty much interchangeable.

Donetsk

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/76519294_12ac2d6a5a.jpg?v=0

Sunderland

http://blog.kievukraine.info/uploaded_images/6235-778540.jpg

Crikey, Sunderland has undergone some serious regeneration since I was last there.

Out of curiosity I typed "Sunderland" in google images to check out city sights and while I get hundreds of photos of the football team and their stadium, I can barely find one of the actual town.

don't....you honestly don't want to.

Out of curiosity I typed "Sunderland" in google images to check out city sights and while I get hundreds of photos of the football team and their stadium, I can barely find one of the actual town.

You probably need to turn safesearch off

You don't want to. Its a shithole.

don't....you honestly don't want to.

Finally found some... the area around the river looks depressing. Small city centre for the looks of it too.

I've been to Donetsk, and if Sunderland is anything like that it should destroyed for the good of Britain.

Unusual place for a Nigerian living in the USA to go.

I've been to Donetsk, and if Sunderland is anything like that it should destroyed for the good of Britain.

Unusual place for a Nigerian living in the USA to go.

:lol: I know. My father went on business and I came along. Really felt uncomfortable standing out that much. I like Ukrainians alot, not such a big fan of the country itself. (or at least Donetsk).

Okay, it really looks like a s*** place to live.

Had to see it with my own eyes.

Imagine how we feel, our city touches it! (pretty much)

This Geordie guy I met maaaaaaaany years ago used to tell a joke...

So God set up to create Earth, with archangel Gabriel at his side assisting him.

"- We have to be careful when creating this world, Gabriel, the key is BALANCE. For example, look at that place over there, I called it 'Russia', and while it's cold, there will be lots of animals with furs people can hunt, and the liquor will be great and will warm you. And look at that other place, I called it 'North America' and it will be a land of opportunities and riches, but the food will be bad and will easily make you fat. This sea will be called 'Mediterranean' and while the weather will be great and the people beautiful, tey will also be a bit lazy and disorganized"

And so God pointed the different parts of the world to Gabriel, and explained how everything was balanced, until the archangel pointed at a single city...

"- Oh, that is Newcastle! The most beautiful city on Earth, the people in it are smart, beautiful, hard-working and gentle. They will have the greatest football team in the world, and everywhere they will be hailed as gentlemen and bearers of greatness and friendship. It will be a place of culture and arts, with the best night life and the best bands. Every other city in the world will look up to Newcastle."

"- But God! What about the balance?"

"-Just wait until you see what I'm putting next to them in Sunderland..."

(it's probably as old as the dog one to you)

Actually, I wonder if Bolton will come out whinging about how their players are singled out for unfair and dirty treatment from Arsenal...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_01/diabyAI3103_468x449.jpg

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/tackle415.jpg

We got lucky as hell in the second half. We were utter s**** when Huddlestone got injured.

I think us putting Heitinga in the middle so we could actually win the ball in midfield was a bigger factor. Before that we had 5 attacking players across the middle.

I thought 2-2 would have been a fair result. Good game though, both sides played some nice stuff.

Guest kingdawson

We got lucky as hell in the second half. We were utter s**** when Huddlestone got injured.

I think us putting Heitinga in the middle so we could actually win the ball in midfield was a bigger factor. Before that we had 5 attacking players across the middle.

I thought 2-2 would have been a fair result. Good game though, both sides played some nice stuff.

Yeh 2-2 would have been a fairer reflection on the game for sure. Saying that, we deserved to beat you at Goodison so it evens itself out O0.