The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Whichever Bendtner turns up will decide Arsenal's fate.

There only is one, and he's s***.

Want some crisps with that pint of bitter? His part in the 2nd goal was important.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58811.10980.html

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,63745.msg2233229/topicseen.html#msg2233229

Are you seeing a pattern?

Yeah, you talk complete bollocks.

Okay then Benfica boy.

Guest Heneage

Whichever Bendtner turns up will decide Arsenal's fate.

There only is one, and he's s***.

Want some crisps with that pint of bitter? His part in the 2nd goal was important.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58811.10980.html

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,63745.msg2233229/topicseen.html#msg2233229

Are you seeing a pattern?

Yeah, you talk complete bollocks.

Okay then Benfica boy.

You've routinely slagged a player that has performed at a good level, and a better level internationally. Who got assits for both goals tonight as well.

I admit my mistake, which at least had more basis than the routine bollocks you spout about Nicklas Bendtner.

Guest kingdawson

So f***ing pissed off we threw away the game. The tie could have been over.

Fair play to Arsenal for fighting back.

Fair play my foot. The Walcott goal should have been saved by Valdes and the other one wasn't even a pen.

Barca dominated that game and 0-5 would have been a fair score.

Arsenal can count themselves hugely fortunate to still be in this tie. The introduction of Walcott threw Barca completely off.

I'd go along with that. :nods:

I'd take Walcott to the WC because of his pace off the bench. I know he's had a poor season but he can unsettle teams and swing the momentum when brought on and used correctly. :)

How long until Iniesta is back ? Also having Pique and Puyol out for the next leg means they will be fit for the the classico, where they will be needed more than the second leg of this.

Arsenal can count themselves hugely fortunate to still be in this tie. The introduction of Walcott threw Barca completely off.

I'd take Walcott to the WC because of his pace off the bench. I know he's had a poor season but he can unsettle teams and swing the momentum when brought on and used correctly. :)

I'm being won over by Walcott. Barring injuries, I'm thinking of Rooney, Defoe, Bent, Crouch and Walcott (who can play both up top and wide).

I'm being won over by Walcott. Barring injuries, I'm thinking of Rooney, Defoe, Bent, Crouch and Walcott (who can play both up top and wide).

Nee chance Bent will go.

I couldn't justify picking Walcott and Agbonlahor in the squad unless there were a few injuries in the squad but Walcott has to go imo. Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, Walcott plus another 6 midfielders.

Guest Heneage

I couldn't justify picking Walcott and Agbonlahor in the squad unless there were a few injuries in the squad but Walcott has to go imo. Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, Walcott plus another 6 midfielders.

I'd agree with that. Agbonglohor hasn't quite done enough and Walcott provides more options.

I don't know if I just see him on off days but Agbonlahor strikes me as someone who believes his own press and is basically a bit of a twat. More importantly, his performances on the field haven't been great recently.

Guest kingdawson

Nee chance Bent will go.

Yep he can score 45 league goals and he'd still not go. The guy can't play in a partnership and hasn't looked international class the few appearances he's made for England imo.

Guest Heneage

I don't know if I just see him on off days but Agbonlahor strikes me as someone who believes his own press and is basically a bit of a t***. More importantly, his performances on the field haven't been great recently.

He's a bit of an enigma. He seems slightly inconsistent, his goal record is around 1 in 3 which isn't bad, but you wonder how many of those goals are down to pace. (Brummie feel free to tell me I'm talking bollocks and none of his goals are pace related.)

I don't think he'll ever be a regular international, he'll always be on the fringes a bit Carlton Cole esq.

You've both forgotten Heskey.

I know he's a bit shit but he's also been integral to the best football I've ever seen England play. Even if you don't want him starting surely it's madness not to even take him so we have that formation / system as a plan B.

You've both forgotten Heskey.

I know he's a bit shit but he's also been integral to the best football I've ever seen England play. Even if you don't want him starting surely it's madness not to even take him so we have that formation / system as a plan B.

Wasn't a prediction as to who will go, more who I would take tbh. :thup:

Don't think Heskey has done enough for a while now to justify taking, but there you go. :)