West Brom 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 08/08/09 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

Guest GeordieInExile

Decent result. Krul M.O.M. Nolan needs taking out to the knackers yard and Colloccini needs sold (if any bugger will buy him).

honestly, could have went either way. same story as last season, Krul played like the Given of old, saving our defense of a million mistakes.

Nile looks better running around then Shola did all game, he actually looks cooridinated. How sad is it - Shola is awful.

Good game that, decent start for us. Smith for the most part had an excellent game and Krul was immense. We desperately need a striker in though because it's obvious that Shola won't cut it even at this level.

Guest Phil K

More of media bias against us too - the commenators on the BBC - Jesus..... esp that turd Lawrenson.....the foul on Jonas late on - yet another "not deliberate" when he kept looking at him then the arm went across.

At least the ref got the goal disallowed correctly - TWO offside, and the scorer pushing the defender from behind.

God how I hate that creep Skinner too.

Krul MOM for me, Smith decent performance. Acted the captain when needed.

Looking forward to the Nile man getting his fling, along with young Kazzy.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Krul for Harper and Ranger for Ameobi next game! We played better in the second half. Some good play from Smith and Jonas.

Nolan and Raylor have to be benched.

Shola also...

Nolan, Raylor, Shola, and Coloccini. The latter should get a bit more faith than the others because he's shown more during his time here and he still has the excuse of being a foreigner who hasn't adjusted to this league...yet.

Still the problem of defenders faffing about too much and being unable to create or score goals but other than that we played about 1000% better than last season. Nolan, Ameobi, Raylor and Coloccini were their usual embarassments though. I despaired when Carroll went off instead of Ameobi.

Guest michaelfoster

Harper 6

Enrique 6

S.Taylor 7

Coloccini 6

R.Taylor 6

Duff 7

Nolan 5

Smith © 7

Jonas 7

Ameobi 5

Carroll 6

Krul 8

Barton 6

Ranger n/a

Hughton definitely bottled it. Still, it probably won't get much tougher than West Brom away in this league and we could have won it. I'm feeling much more optimistic than I was before the match. Smith, Carroll and Krul did really well.