Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I want to know why with every decision people look to blame someone be it the player or club. The club has it's reasons why it doesn't want to give a player in his late 20s a long term deal, Barton has his reasons why he wants to sign a long term deal (last big payday). I just hate this blame culture we have. Two parties disagree, we move on.

I agree some people are just looking for someone to blame, but others just want it sorted. If you've been married for 4 years, sure the first couple were a bit rough, but the last year has been plain sailing, and then you have a disagreement; should you just say "we disagree, lets move on, divorce?". The thing here is we've got something that against the odds has actually started to work, and to keep that we need one of the parties to compromise a bit. If neither does then the club has lost something that may be replaceable but is going to be very hard to replace cheaply and in a timely manner. So its not about everyone just looking for someone to blame, its more which party people think has the poorly formed position, and should compromise.

Barton will be a good player for at least the next three years imo. Give him a three year deal with a 4th year option.

I think he will be a good player for 4 years, if not more. The fact that he has quit drinking alcohol can prolong his career quite significantly. If he eats healthy as well, he will probably be at the same level at 33 even.

Guest Roger Kint

Carroll - 8th most expensive player in history after 6 good months in the top division.

Enrique - not sold yet, however most believe he is one of the top left backs in the country. We haven't been one of the top teams in the country for years and a few of which were before Ashley took over.

Barton - one good season in 4, all sorts of issues since he arrived from numerous injuries, prison , suspensions and other internal disciplinary problems. 5 year contract not on the owners mind that shocking?

People mention ambition which I agree isn't where it should be but just hoe much would need to be invested these days to match some players desire? It's not as straightforward as it once was. Some talk about Liverpool showing ambition to sign Carroll but don't mention they sold their star to fund his transfer.

Well said, good to see a bit of common sense immediately following a post severely lacking in it.

Hey, f*** you.

I do have my favourite players, I think everyone does. My favourite players at this club were Andy Carroll, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique and Kevin Nolan. Now, if we no longer had these players, and signed young/free/unproven players, will you be singing the same tune then? If I had the upmost trust into our owner and director to spend the relevant cash to replace these players with quality, I wouldn't grumble, in fact I'd applaud.

We all know this has a very slim chance of happening, and the more likey scenario is that we'll sniff 'round out of contract players and p*ss about until the last week.

So sorry if I seem bitter about possibly losing our top performers.

Less of the fuck you's please, your last sentence in that post was stupid, dont cry if its pointed out. Didnt read any of that after the first line btw as if you cant see the link between the two posts to understand why i said it its not worth bothering with.

I've just realized, didn't the club make a statement when we were promoted that they wouldn't be talking to the media at all anymore? :lol:

They don't. They go under the guise of "club source". Everyone knows it's Llambias.

Or it could be made up? Oh no wait sorry, it's a negative story about NUFC. Totally true. My bad.

I see that McKay is actually praising Llambias in particular in that interview regarding the handling of Joey through the tough times. :thup:

We'll see what happens, but it seems that McKays one insistance was for a 4 year contract.

That being the case, if he's not going to budge on that, and we're not willing to budge on that either, then fair enough, no point in discussing it further.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/6/2/1243965551646/Willie-McKay-001.jpg

doesn't look like a total cunt at all

He kind of looks like that simpleton MEME Face.

Guest johnson293

The one quote I found very strange was the one about Joey (probably) not signing any new/extended deal at NUFC unless there were new owners.

To go from praising them for their handing of him during the tough times in one breath, to then say that seemed very odd - almost like burning the bridges, and Barton must have been happy enough for McKay to make that statement?

What happens if the club turned round and offered him the deal/length of deal he wanted? He'd then look a bit stupid to do a U-Turn, if that is all that was the only snag.

Guest neesy111

Regardless of who is 'to blame' for individual cases, the club consistently seeing good players leave/wanting to leave means that something is not right somewhere.

Some people seem to be quite content for our best to go as long as they can say 'well we don't know every little detail so you can't say for definite that the club's at fault, get in there you beauty :smug:'

Sorry but how does that help the football team exactly?

And sorry if we're letting one of our key players go over a contractual issue, even though he is prepared to take a pay cut, then the club is quite clearly at fault imo. Have they done everything they can to keep him? How much will replacing somebody of his influence and ability cost in transfer fees alone?

So it's the club's fault they don't want to pay Barton he think he is worth, sounds like you prefer the Freddy Shepherd style of offering ridiculous wages to players (to which Barton was the last of them).

Guest Chubby Jason

We have no idea who is lying (probably all parties involved) and who is telling what could be (very) widely interpreted as the truth. No real point in continuing to speculate.

Regardless of who is 'to blame' for individual cases, the club consistently seeing good players leave/wanting to leave means that something is not right somewhere.

Some people seem to be quite content for our best to go as long as they can say 'well we don't know every little detail so you can't say for definite that the club's at fault, get in there you beauty :smug:'

And sorry if we're letting one of our key players go over a contractual issue, even though he is prepared to take a pay cut, then the club is quite clearly at fault imo. Have they done everything they can to keep him? How much will replacing somebody of his influence and ability cost in transfer fees alone?

So it's the club's fault they don't want to pay Barton he think he is worth, sounds like you prefer the Freddy Shepherd style of offering ridiculous wages to players (to which Barton was the last of them).

No he wasn't.

Guest neesy111

McKay is lying, but he was telling the truth when he praised Llambias.

So how do we know when he is telling the truth or lying then? :undecided:

Guest neesy111

No he wasn't.

Who was?  Barton was signed while Shepherd was here.

No he wasn't.

He was the temporary chairman until Chris Mort learnt the ropes, Mike Ashley had the club ownership so was ultimately responsible for the Barton signing.

No he wasn't.

He was the temporary chairman until Chris Mort learnt the ropes, Mike Ashley had the club ownership so was ultimately responsible for the Barton signing.

Yeah, no.