Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't believe people are having a go at him for liking The Smiths. :lol: At least he doesn't go around wearing massive headphones and listening to s**** RnB. I bloody love The Smiths.

I met Barton in Gotham a few months ago, he was drinking Red Bull. I'm glad he's into that kind of music.

??? was he chilling with the Joker and Killer Croc?

His horse is running in the first at Newmarket today, canny dwarf up top and decent 6/1 price.

Not a fan of Buick me self, never got why Gosden got rid of Fortune to replace him with this kid, too weak in the finish.  Looks a good maiden though, a lot of big name trainers with first time runners.  Seen Barton up the races twice and up Tattersals (horse sales) I think he has recently bought some stables out near Thetford as well.

Can't believe people are having a go at him for liking The Smiths. :lol: At least he doesn't go around wearing massive headphones and listening to s**** RnB. I bloody love The Smiths.

I met Barton in Gotham a few months ago, he was drinking Red Bull. I'm glad he's into that kind of music.

??? was he chilling with the Joker and Killer Croc?

I lol'd even if it was terrible :lol:

If youre from the UK and don't know who the smiths are, you're a disgrace.

Oh ok, then.

Reminds me of the reaction on here I got when I asked why Hughton was wearing the poppy. :lol:

For some reason I already knew Joey like The Smiths, think he had their shirt on one time.

It was an Arcade Fire shirt when he was on SSN.

I notice his horse is named after an Arctic Monkey's track as well, My Propeller.

his other horse is called Crying Lightning, also an AM song.

Co-owns it with Claudio Pizarro? ??? Eh?! :lol:

I know, random. :lol:

Aye, completely. :lol:

He's also got an Arcade Fire named horse:

My Body Is A Cage, after working this morning

:aww:

Don't know if those Pardew quotes have been posted before but, reading them makes me think Joey will be away after the current summer.

I'm sure the fans are disappointed about the Joey Barton situation but we are trying to take the club forward by signing players.

"I spoke to Joey on the last day and I think we were both resigned that this contract was going to be a problem. Both of us are thinking next year we will be together and we will go on from there.

"Unless it changes over the summer and there's a bid in that the board, myself and Joey feel works for Joey, I think he will be here for the start of the season. The thing about contracts is, times change.

"I'm not upset about it. I was more upset when we thought we had agreed and there was a change of heart. I knew it would be a problem to come back from that.

"There was a lot of history between Joey and the board before I arrived. I just wanted to be honest with Joey and match him with clarity. That's what I have done.

"I've been open and up front with him - I made him the (acting) captain. We decided the best way was probably to wait for the season to end. Joey pulled all the way through and he will pull next year, even if he's in his last year; I know he will."

from .com

Guest bimpy474

"I was more upset when we thought we had agreed and there was a change of heart"

Who had the change of heart.........? sounds like Pardew is pointing at Joey.......its so murky and daft, why cant they just act like grown ups and treat us with the respect we deserve, and not treat us like a bunch of thickos who wont understand the details, or god forbid we will and that scares the morons more.

"I was more upset when we thought we had agreed and there was a change of heart"

Who had the change of heart.........? sounds like Pardew is pointing at Joey.......its so murky and daft, why cant they just act like grown ups and treat us with the respect we deserve, and not treat us like a bunch of thickos who wont understand the details, or god forbid we will and that scares the morons more.

Agree with that.  :thup:

I think it illustrates why it's often best to say nothing at all. If you can't tell the whole truth for fear of inflaming a situation (which is often the case), then 50% is often worse than nothing because it only invites more speculation.

FWIW, the contract negotiations seemed to break down at the point of the Carroll sale. The word at the time was that Joey wanted to wait until he saw how the money was going to be re-invested. That could well have been an excuse on his part, for postponing the decision, but that was what we were hearing.

Since that point, Joey has been behaving like a complete arse. If I was in Ashley's position, when he and his agent rolled up at the end of the season expecting to start negotiating again, I'd have told them it was the January offer or nothing.

I think it illustrates why it's often best to say nothing at all. If you can't tell the whole truth for fear of inflaming a situation (which is often the case), then 50% is often worse than nothing because it only invites more speculation.

FWIW, the contract negotiations seemed to break down at the point of the Carroll sale. The word at the time was that Joey wanted to wait until he saw how the money was going to be re-invested. That could well have been an excuse on his part, for postponing the decision, but that was what we were hearing.

Since that point, Joey has been behaving like a complete arse. If I was in Ashley's position, when he and his agent rolled up at the end of the season expecting to start negotiating again, I'd have told them it was the January offer or nothing.

You mean your not!!! Fuck me.

You mean your not!!! Fuck me.

Shit. Rumbled. Never mind, I've got all your email addresses and you'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Except Ronaldo. He can be my chief scout.

Guest young master

from what i understand from all the quotes so far is, everything was agreed by both parties including the wage, clauses and bonuses,. but it was the length of the contract that was the stumbling block.

why can't barton just accept that length that was offered, come towards the end of that said contract he can then discuss for a new one , like a year add on and such and such, 

he's been going on about how much he loves it here, so what's his problem?    :dowie: