Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can't believe anyone would say Nolan was our best player, like. He was completely ineffective in about 25 games. :lol:

Yet we didn´t win a single game where he didn´t start.

I can't believe anyone would say Nolan was our best player, like. He was completely ineffective in about 25 games. :lol:

Top bloke and an excellent captain but aye, this.  He shouldn't be a starter next season.

Even though his goals gained us a lot of points, his anonymity in many games played a big part in us losing points.

Guest bimpy474

Accrington Stanley ? if your counting cups  :pow:  :razz:

I don't care that Nolan goes missing, as when he has been found again he's done something that has got us the points to keep us up. I reckon he can do this even better if surrounded by better wingers and strikers so am looking forward to seeing him captain us on the pitch next season.

Accrington Stanley ? if your counting cups  :pow:  :razz:

League games without Nolan:

Newcastle 2 - 2 Wigan

Newcastle 1 - 1 Chelsea

WBA 3 - 1 Newcastle

Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle

Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle

Newcastle 0 - 0 Man U

Chelsea 2 - 2 Newcastle

Newcastle 3 - 3 WBA

5 points in 8 league games without him. Sure those are some tricky fixtures and there are players more deserving of the player of the year award but I'm tired of people calling him shit and ineffective. The lad has scored 30 goals in 80 games the past 2 seasons, give him a little bit of fucking credit.

Guest bimpy474

Accrington Stanley ? if your counting cups  :pow:  :razz:

League games without Nolan:

Newcastle 2 - 2 Wigan

Newcastle 1 - 1 Chelsea

WBA 3 - 1 Newcastle

Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle

Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle

Newcastle 0 - 0 Man U

Chelsea 2 - 2 Newcastle

Newcastle 3 - 3 WBA

5 points in 8 league games without him. Sure those are some tricky fixtures and there are players more deserving of the player of the year award but I'm tired of people calling him s*** and ineffective. The lad has scored 30 goals in 80 games the past 2 seasons, give him a little bit of f***ing credit.

O0

Guest bimpy474

I was just ponting out the cup as a game he didn't play in which we won, i wasn't disagreeing with you , he is indeed far more important than given credit for, in a 3 man midfield, Tiote holding, Cabaye creating, he can bomb forward he will be a real threat and vital for us........ :snod:

Guest bimpy474

He's certainly been a real threat since Carroll left.

Ahh but with Tiote spending most of it suspended, so chop and change in the midddle and with Nolan carrying an injury for a while, along with a team adjusting to not having Carroll with forwards like Shola and lovelyhands trying to hold the ball up, i'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for his form toward the end of the season.

Guest bimpy474

Of course. Nolan's had 4 good months in the last 4 years as a PL player. Benefit of the doubt indeed.

Couldn't careless how he played in the first 18 months of the 4 years you describe as he wasn't playing for us, his first 6 months for us was a disaster and to be honest with JFK and what was going on in the club, the whole team was playing cack so kind of understandable, in the championship he was scoring for fun and played very well to get us back up, good first half of this season, to me he deserves his place.

I take it you dont rate him too much...:)

Guest bimpy474

He deserves his place in the squad without doubt.

Actually thats more how i should have put it, if he keeps his form up and if we do play the way i think we will, he will be at his best the way the team will be set-up, looking at who we are and could bring in he better play well or he might well find himself dropped, thats how it should be too, no automatic picks, work hard and perform or your dropped.