Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

To be fair, I think I've been pretty honest. I don't think any of my points have been blown out of proportion. Of course there are plus points such as a handful of genuine quality players but it would be foolhardy not to be concerned at how this summer has panned out.

Wallace/Otter - which makes you think Ashley would have learned from his mistakes by now. Clearly not, it would seem. For me, a loss to the mackems (which I think will happen) and the heat will be on Pardew straight away. The man is clearly a more media-savvy version of Joe Kinnear for the regime and surely if we realize he is nothing more than a patsy, then the folk involved in football will realize it too. Certainly won't be doing his reputation in the game any good at all.

Personally fail to see what negative effect his tweets can have on the club tbh.

All the players currently here will no doubt be aware of Joey's feelings already. Any potential signings will hinge on whether we offer players the right wages, some lad's twitter comments won't have any bearing at all.

Stop this counterproductive nonsense for a start.

Exactly, if he is this down to earth lad that doesn't care about the wages and footballers lifestyle and only cares about the fans and ambition of the club why is he bothered about a fine which would mean his monthly wage would be reduced to a pitiful £100,000? 

If he wasn't fussed and was only trying to do what was best he wouldn't just post half comments like he has today or he would hand in a transfer request.

Let's not forget we had to pay his loyalty bonus to get him to come here despite having a minimum release clause.

I like Joey but his 'man of the people, not like other footballers' act is becoming very clear to be just that, an act.

Now I do believe he isn't quite as bad as most of them but he definitely overplays the 'one of us' footballer thing.

Guest neesy111

Personally fail to see what negative effect his tweets can have on the club tbh.

All the players currently here will no doubt be aware of Joey's feelings already. Any potential signings will hinge on whether we offer players the right wages, some lad's twitter comments won't have any bearing at all.

:no:

Guest Chubby Jason

There probably won't be any new signings so I don't think we need to worry about any potential new players being put off by this to be honest.

Guest neesy111

Stop this counterproductive nonsense for a start.

Exactly, if he is this down to earth lad that doesn't care about the wages and footballers lifestyle and only cares about the fans and ambition of the club why is he bothered about a fine which would mean his monthly wage would be reduced to a pitiful £100,000? 

If he wasn't fussed and was only trying to do what was best he wouldn't just post half comments like he has today or he would hand in a transfer request.

Let's not forget we had to pay his loyalty bonus to get him to come here despite having a minimum release clause.

I like Joey but his 'man of the people, not like other footballers' act is becoming very clear to be just that, an act.

Now I do believe he isn't quite as bad as most of them but he definitely overplays the 'one of us' footballer thing.

Agreed.  Like I've said many times recently, I do not believe anything that comes out of a footballers mouth and anything that does is only usually for the purposes of their ego or wallet.

Why do you want to use a verbal agreement to vilify Ashley when it comes to not handing out daft contracts to fatcat players, then slate the same regime for doing the same earlier on a technicality? Where are you coming from? 

I didn't slate them for handing out contracts to fatcat players.  Care to point out where I did that?

Right here:

Barton was signed under Ashley in as much as he had to agree to the transfer.

That's me slating them is it?  :lol:

So what is your point then?

Guest neesy111

Why do you want to use a verbal agreement to vilify Ashley when it comes to not handing out daft contracts to fatcat players, then slate the same regime for doing the same earlier on a technicality? Where are you coming from? 

I didn't slate them for handing out contracts to fatcat players.  Care to point out where I did that?

Right here:

Barton was signed under Ashley in as much as he had to agree to the transfer.

That's me slating them is it?  :lol:

Barton was signed under Ashley but Shepherd was still Chairman FWIW.

Whether you agree or not with what Barton has said tonight, it kind of cements what we already knew in terms of how the club is being operated and that there are problems behind the scenes (in the dressing room) I'm now very worried about next season and believe that at present, we are already facing another relegation battle. If Routledge signs for Swansea that means Ashley will have raked in nigh on £50million in transfer fees (incomings and outgoings) during his tenure and that is simply mind-boggling for a PL club to be ran in such a way. Perhaps this cash surplus is being kept to one side in case we go down?

Been chatting to an old mate of my dad's, tonight and this coming season will be the first he has missed in nearly 40 years. He refuses to set foot again in St James until Ashley and Llambias are gone. He won't be alone in doing that I'm sure.

Except Ashley hasn't "raked in" anything, he's been subsidising out losses out of his own pocket.

Losses due to his own stupidity which he now seems intent on making the club pay for. Christ help us if we go down again because fans will desert the club en masse. I know that has been said before, but many have already rapped in and I suspect plenty others are on the brink. It's support that the club may never claim back in the future, even under a new regime.

Remember reading somewhere (perhaps on this board) that Ashley has always been very adept at making others pay for his own mistakes.

I also know of people who have been going to games for 30-40 years who have now had enough.  I think many will continue to drift away whilst Ashley remains as they continue to alienate too many supporters and they either have no idea or little care about trying to win them back other than making false promises.  I love NUFC but I don't think we are a very likeable club.  It may suit Ashley to run the club the way he does but all he is managing to do is to continue to damage it and who knows whether he actually realises this or if he just doesn't care.  If he is here for any length of time, I think the damage could be irretrievable.

We could have a thread on what will happen but never did.

When we got relegated, we would struggle to get promotion or we might even go down again.

When we got promoted we would go straight down.

Nolan won't be able to keep it up in the Premiership.

None of our players will score more than 10 goals in the premiership.

We would lose against the Mackems part 1.

Hughton gets sacked, well bye bye Ben Arfa.

Carroll gets sold, well that's us relegated.

We will lose against the Mackems part 2.

Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd will stuff us.

Now

Morale has been down since Pardew took over.

We will struggle to stay up.

We won't replace the goals that have left.

We will lose to the Mackems part 3.

etc, etc...

I know this will be countered with something or other just to keep up the negative stance.

Barton was signed under Ashley but Shepherd was still Chairman FWIW.

Shepherd was Chairman in name only FWIW, Ashley bought out Sir John on May of that year and Shepherd agreed to sell his shares the same day as Barton signed.  Nothing happened at the club around that time without Ashley having a say in it.

Jaysus, he's still going. :doh:

@TheFurlz ha u think am that naïve?....wouldn't be surprised if u were a plant from a certain discount retail org. Do me a favour and jog on

I think you're pretty naive to think that that is not pretty sodding inflamatory in itself. Certainly in Ashleys eyes... and I'd agree with him.

@TheFurlz I wouldn't give u or them the satisfaction......infinitely more intelligent than u think #helmet #plant #nofineshere

I think whatever line there is to cross before a fine is due has already been passed sadly.

@TheFurlz sold?? ?? Not a chance matey. Am here till it expires or am given a free transfer....

Now to some that may make you sound principled, but to me that just sounds like your outbursts tonight have shown you have no love for the job anymore, and now just show you fishing for a free transfer.

I've defended you right to your opinion here (hell, really liked you attitude generally), but I'm now really close to wishing you'd shut up, or fuck off. :no:

My point is that Barton wasn't a Shepherd signing, I thought that was obvious.

In that case my point is that Nolan was well paid as a Newcastle player and he should thank Ashley and Llambias from the bottom of his heart for raising his profile and pay packet for the last two years and next five onwards instead of bleating about being hard done by. He could have been stuck in Bolton reserves under Gary Megson instead after all.

Guest hobshobs

In that case my point is that Nolan was well paid as a Newcastle player and he should thank Ashley and Llambias from the bottom of his heart for raising his profile and pay packet for the last two years and next five onwards instead of bleating about being hard done by. He could have been stuck in Bolton reserves under Gary Megson instead after all.

Great post. Agree 100%.

If Nolan was as quick on his feet as he is on his mouth he'd still be in black and white.

I agree with what you say, that doesn't change anything regarding us seemingly agreeing to a new contract then going back on it.

In that case my point is that Nolan was well paid as a Nebwcastle player and he should thank Ashley and Llambias from the bottom of his heart for raising his profile and pay packet for the last two years and next five onwards instead of bleating about being hard done by. He could have been stuck in Bolton reserves under Gary Megson instead after all.

I swear your posts get worse and worse by the day, and that's quite a feat, considering the the first post I ever read of yours was you saying that Newcastle didn't win the First Division in 92/93

If Barton spouting that shite about his boss in any other job he would be in serious shit if not sacked, why should he be any different at Newcastle? Id like him to stay at Newcastle and continue to play, but he is behaving incredibly immature and all this is doing for me is making me want to dislike him. He really needs to keep his mouth shut or he'll be rotting in the reserves for the next year rather than actually doing a job for the first team.