Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I wont be commenting on situation at Newcastle again, as I feel it helps nobody and serves no purpose. Hope u all understand

34 seconds ago

Good lad, glad you came round.

I won't hold my breath though, such an massive emo. :lol:

"I've seen this happen, in other people's lives and now its happening in mine..........."The Smiths.......

14 minutes ago via web

Guest Mantis

I wont be commenting on situation at Newcastle again, as I feel it helps nobody and serves no purpose. Hope u all understand

34 seconds ago

Been Bollocked again?

There will be a time and a place.

34 seconds ago

Been Bollocked again?

Finally.  Nice of him to come to that conclusion after he's been mouthing off for the last few weeks.  Idiot.

Joey isn't the players' spokesman though, why not conclude that it's only players who aren't getting what they want that are unhappy?

As I said, when people who aren't leaving, left or refused new contracts start complaining, then I'll worry.

I get your point,  I am quite sure you don't really believe that the rest of the squad are happy though, do you really? 

Most players' would just get on with it however Joey Barton is similar to Bellamy in that he would speak out if aggrieved, but as I said before, i think he hasn't quite crossed the line of unacceptable just yet.

I don't see any reason to believe the rest of the squad is unhappy. The ones who have just arrived and/or are on contracts they are happy with and have years left will probably be absolutely fine.

Obviously they each might have some concerns, but that's normal (maybe Jonas is unhappy that Jose is leaving etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if most of our players saw Barton as a bit of a mentalist who they have to humour from time to time.

That doesn't quite stack up if you take into consideration Nolan's comments.

He, after all, has no reason to lie about any of it, as IMO has got a very nice contract yet he accuses the club of moving the goalposts completely during negotiations and being messed around.  Considering he was a very well liked member of the team and had a good season,  i'm sure this would have massively upset the group.

That's before we even take into account the reinvestment of the £35 million and ATM making a net profit this window.

Well Nolan may have been led to believe he was getting a better deal then the goalposts moved. But I don't believe that would upset the other players, especially now he's gone.

They might worry about what will happen when their own contracts come up for renewal I guess, but I would think that's a fairly normal worry in the life of a footballer.

Big Geordie's right about one thing- as it stands we're primed for a relegation battle:

- Limited up front with only one prove striker.

- Bare bones in defence, likely to be further reduced by Enrique departure.

- More than a few suggestions that the dressing room is unhappy.

- Heart of the dressing room has been sold.

- Pardew on thin ice with fans after a summer of frustration in terms of incoming players.

- Gambling on foreign imports who we have no idea whether they will take to the PL.

- Team has no natural leaders.

- Fans fed up with Ashley and co continually bullshitting all and sundry.

I'm not a negative supporter and neither am I hysterical but I genuinely believe that if we start the season poorly, then we'll be in the bottom 6 all season. Yes there's clubs with worse squads than ours, but the problems behind the scenes are rearing their heads and as showed in 08/09 they can be fatal if not quickly addressed.

Agree with this mind.

Joey isn't the players' spokesman though, why not conclude that it's only players who aren't getting what they want that are unhappy?

As I said, when people who aren't leaving, left or refused new contracts start complaining, then I'll worry.

I get your point,  I am quite sure you don't really believe that the rest of the squad are happy though, do you really? 

Most players' would just get on with it however Joey Barton is similar to Bellamy in that he would speak out if aggrieved, but as I said before, i think he hasn't quite crossed the line of unacceptable just yet.

I don't see any reason to believe the rest of the squad is unhappy. The ones who have just arrived and/or are on contracts they are happy with and have years left will probably be absolutely fine.

Obviously they each might have some concerns, but that's normal (maybe Jonas is unhappy that Jose is leaving etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if most of our players saw Barton as a bit of a mentalist who they have to humour from time to time.

That doesn't quite stack up if you take into consideration Nolan's comments.

He, after all, has no reason to lie about any of it, as IMO has got a very nice contract yet he accuses the club of moving the goalposts completely during negotiations and being messed around.  Considering he was a very well liked member of the team and had a good season,  i'm sure this would have massively upset the group.

That's before we even take into account the reinvestment of the £35 million and ATM making a net profit this window.

Well Nolan may have been led to believe he was getting a better deal then the goalposts moved. But I don't believe that would upset the other players, especially now he's gone.

They might worry about what will happen when their own contracts come up for renewal I guess, but I would think that's a fairly normal worry in the life of a footballer.

I don't for a second believe that the players' would be happy with any of it. 

The £35 million being reinvested, management being accused of lying and trying to replace every player nearing the end of their contract with a cheaper alternative and it can even go as far back as Hughton being forced out - when he was really well liked and was doing a good job.

34 seconds ago

Been Bollocked again?

Too little too late.

Guest johnson293

Big Geordie's right about one thing- as it stands we're primed for a relegation battle:

- Limited up front with only one prove striker.

- Bare bones in defence, likely to be further reduced by Enrique departure.

- More than a few suggestions that the dressing room is unhappy.

- Heart of the dressing room has been sold.

- Pardew on thin ice with fans after a summer of frustration in terms of incoming players.

- Gambling on foreign imports who we have no idea whether they will take to the PL.

- Team has no natural leaders.

- Fans fed up with Ashley and co continually bullshitting all and sundry.

I'm not a negative supporter and neither am I hysterical but I genuinely believe that if we start the season poorly, then we'll be in the bottom 6 all season. Yes there's clubs with worse squads than ours, but the problems behind the scenes are rearing their heads and as showed in 08/09 they can be fatal if not quickly addressed.

Agree with this mind.

A few of those highlighted could equally have applied to the start of last season, and it turned out not as bad.

Some people  :lol:

Man that joey, tweeting negative comments that could affect the performances of our side

I better get on twitter and explain to that first team player why hes such a twat

I don't for a second believe that the players' would be happy with any of it. 

The £35 million being reinvested, management being accused of lying and trying to replace every player nearing the end of their contract with a cheaper alternative and it can even go as far back as Hughton being forced out - when he was really well liked and was doing a good job.

Well maybe, there's no way for us to know either way.

I just don't think stuff like how much of the £35m we've sent will be of that much concern to most players. I also think they're quite resilient to players leaving the club, no matter what the circumstances. The exception might be when they have a very close personal relationship (Barton/Noilan/Carroll) but that sort of group doesn't crop up very often.

Anyway, let's hope they are looking forward to the new season.

Some people  :lol:

Man that joey, tweeting negative comments that could affect the performances of our side

I better get on twitter and explain to that first team player why hes such a twat

:lol:

Maybe he's been reading the forums and seen the way his comments are making himself look to the fans

He was arguing with some guy yesterday (who I completely agreed with) when the guy said he should check messageboards to see how we're starting to tire of him. Maybe he did. Damage has been done though.

The only thing these tweets do is fuel supporter anger by a phenomenon little known to the club called the truth.

Some people act like he doesn't talk about this stuff to the other players. Almost as if he goes to train sits in the corner alone like the bitter little philosopher he is, comes home, logs on to twitter and bitches.

Barton stop it you're making Fraser Forster drop the ball!