Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

#NUFC had lined up Tranquilo Barnetta as Joey Barton's replacement if he left. Could movement there have prompted Joey's ire?

:fwap:

Barton is better. Plus we have no money to spend, and we will not get Barnetta for the same price as Barton will fetch.

1) Barton is not better

2) Barton is a c***

3) Barnetta is younger

4) Barnetta will be on less wages, meaning that the transfer fee will get subsidised by what we're saving

Agree to disagree, but it is almost certain that we will not replace Barton if he is sold.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Whatever the announcement is, the club know about it. It's not Joey going rogue again... #nufc

... so if it was serious, would the club not announce it first?

Why would the club want to tell everyone what Joey's having for dinner? ???

Would be annoyed if he left, fuming if he wasn't replaced, and almost entirely appeased over this situation in isolation if Barnetta was brought in as a replacement.

Think that is spot on..

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Whatever the announcement is, the club know about it. It's not Joey going rogue again... #nufc

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

VERY interesting, the club is sick to death of twitter, why let Joey use it to make an announcement ?

Putting 2+2 together, tells me that this huge announcement is to say that he won't be using twitter any more.

Of course, my 2+2 could = 5

Whatever does happen, I'm sick of this t***. He says some funny things, he has some common charm but all he's done is create massive unrest.

Surely the unrest comes from the going on at the club ? If Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Routledge and probably more who i've forgotten all come out and complain about the exact same thing then surely the unrest is there and it's noubt to do with Barton ?

The announcement being at 4pm would suggest that whatever hes going to announce is being worked out atm wouldnt it really

Otherwise he'd have just said it. So its likely involving a meeting of some form about his future you'd think.

What a depressing state of affairs all round.

This.

All parties to blame here like. The club for treating certain players badly, and Barton for plastering it all over Twitter for the world to see.

Can we just define "treating certain players badly".

A brand new contract is not a given. It is completely the clubs perogative whether or not they choose to offer one. It is always a risk when you alllow the more established players in the team to leave, and believe you can successfully replace them, however that is the clubs perogative. It happens at every club.

The important thing, if indeed they are going to sell Barton, is whether he will be replaced, and how well his replacement eventually performs. Same deal with Enrique.

As fans it is difficult to see better players leave, but we can never truly know what their demands are and what they are being offered, and so it is what it is.

Obviously if players leave and they are not replaced at all, or far lesser players are brought in, then that is clearly not good.

Guest bimpy474

Can't say I'd be surprised in the slightest if they sold him like.

After that, it's just Routledge and Enrique and we've finished our round of player sales for the Summer. Out goes all those silly people wanting contract extensions and we can start looking to January and who we're going to fob off then.

At least we've reduced that massive debt that seems to grow despite us spending no money. Money ftw :fwap:

I'll never understand you kids and your money wanks. :icon_scratch:

Me too, at my age seeing a fleeting cleavage that isn't the wifes makes want to wank, even bashed one out about her mothers, never about money though.

Whatever does happen, I'm sick of this t***. He says some funny things, he has some common charm but all he's done is create massive unrest.

Surely the unrest comes from the going on at the club ? If Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Routledge and probably more who i've forgotten all come out and complain about the exact same thing then surely the unrest is there and it's noubt to do with Barton ?

Nope. All Joseph's fault.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

#NUFC had lined up Tranquilo Barnetta as Joey Barton's replacement if he left. Could movement there have prompted Joey's ire?

:fwap:

Barton is better. Plus we have no money to spend, and we will not get Barnetta for the same price as Barton will fetch.

He isn't, and nobody's said we have no money.

Guest cr4igora

...and things aren't going to settle down until Jose and Barton go. This means losing two of our best players for relatively low fees as they're in their last year here. I just don't see us replacing them with anyone that comes close.

I have a feeling that getting rid of Barton has been on the agenda this summer, and although I'm often outspoken on it, I'm not that bothered. I don't rate him very highly and I certainly wouldn't want him to be at the club for another 5 years (which is what he'd push for in a new contract). His free kicks and corners have been poor, particularly over the last season and he is always giving the ball away. I think he is already replaced, and that's by Yohan Cabaye. The midfield this year has been bolstered by Cabaye, Marveaux and the return of Ben Arfa and even though we've lost Nolan and seemingly Barton, I think overall you have to say that's an improvement.

It goes without saying of course, that a replacement for Enrique if he is going and another new center forward are still high priority to improve the squad in the other required areas.

If there is unrest then there's nothing that can be done about it, letting everyone know in stupid little snippets only makes people question what's going on, causes general confusion and a massive backlash against either the player himself or the board. It's pointless.

I'm gonna go with that he has submitted a transfer request and the club have accepted, so he will be off in the next week or two. Not like it was unexpected, given that he was never going to get a new deal anyway. Ashley and Llambias must be laughing their tits off, especially given the amount of fans that have turned on Barton. For the record, I was one of those who wanted him sacked when he got sent to jail, but the lad turned it around and put in a very good campaign last season. NUFC will be a lot poorer without him, IMO.  And in the meantime, the owner continues to laugh all of the way to the bank.

Oh and if he goes, we are again down another body. And in the meantime, Pardew is hoping to bring in 'one' new face. Fucking wonderful because we will now have a weaker squad in terms of numbers than the one that started last season. We are fucked as things stand - it's as simple as that.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

I wanted him sacked too btw.

Yup  :sadnod:

It is rather amusing that the majority on here idolised him last season despite him being a convicted criminal and general anus, however, as soon as he produces a few nasty tweets directed at the owners, who have constantly shit all over the club, the man is the human realisation of satin.

:lol:

announcement will be he's getting married imo