Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

The announcement being at 4pm would suggest that whatever hes going to announce is being worked out atm wouldnt it really

Otherwise he'd have just said it. So its likely involving a meeting of some form about his future you'd think.

He's said he's watching Homes Under the Hammer at the minute.

Feck me 10am thats on, i like that Lucy girl, bash her i would :D

Whatever does happen, I'm sick of this t***. He says some funny things, he has some common charm but all he's done is create massive unrest.

Surely the unrest comes from the going on at the club ? If Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Routledge and probably more who i've forgotten all come out and complain about the exact same thing then surely the unrest is there and it's noubt to do with Barton ?

If there is unrest then there's nothing that can be done about it, letting everyone know in stupid little snippets only makes people question what's going on, causes general confusion and a massive backlash against either the player himself or the board. It's pointless.

Whereas keeping quiet helps all concerned ?

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

#NUFC had lined up Tranquilo Barnetta as Joey Barton's replacement if he left. Could movement there have prompted Joey's ire?

:fwap:

Barton is better. Plus we have no money to spend, and we will not get Barnetta for the same price as Barton will fetch.

He isn't, and nobody's said we have no money.

Obviously nobody has said it, nothing ever gets said. But the fact we are not spending anything suggests we won't.

Whatever does happen, I'm sick of this t***. He says some funny things, he has some common charm but all he's done is create massive unrest.

Surely the unrest comes from the going on at the club ? If Carroll, Nolan, Barton, Routledge and probably more who i've forgotten all come out and complain about the exact same thing then surely the unrest is there and it's noubt to do with Barton ?

If there is unrest then there's nothing that can be done about it, letting everyone know in stupid little snippets only makes people question what's going on, causes general confusion and a massive backlash against either the player himself or the board. It's pointless.

Whereas keeping quiet helps all concerned ?

Out of the two options, yes.

...and things aren't going to settle down until Jose and Barton go. This means losing two of our best players for relatively low fees as they're in their last year here. I just don't see us replacing them with anyone that comes close.

I have a feeling that getting rid of Barton has been on the agenda this summer, and although I'm often outspoken on it, I'm not that bothered. I don't rate him very highly and I certainly wouldn't want him to be at the club for another 5 years (which is what he'd push for in a new contract). His free kicks and corners have been poor, particularly over the last season and he is always giving the ball away. I think he is already replaced, and that's by Yohan Cabaye. The midfield this year has been bolstered by Cabaye, Marveaux and the return of Ben Arfa and even though we've lost Nolan and seemingly Barton, I think overall you have to say that's an improvement.

It goes without saying of course, that a replacement for Enrique if he is going and another new center forward are still high priority to improve the squad in the other required areas.

so cabaye's replaced two players? one of which was our top scorer? and marveaux (who's got a terrible injury record) and ben arfa (who's coming back from a career threatening injury) make it alright to lose nolan and barton?

what kind of crack are you smoking?

Can we just define "treating certain players badly".

Basic management would tell you if you lie to your employees, offer them something which never happens, and renegade on agreements mean your employees moral will reduce, work ethic will become worse and not just with the person directly concerned. 

Guest Wally_McFool

Barnetta's a good player if Joey does leave.

Wont get Barnetta, Pardew will probably try to sign Routledge from Swansea for £5million.

Guest bimpy474

He's a good player, but no longer worth the hassle.

Nail, hammer, head, hit, such a short but precise sentence ;)

Guest Chubby Jason

Barnetta's a good player if Joey does leave.

Wont get Barnetta, Pardew will probably try to sign Routledge from Swansea for £5million.

:lol:

Was reading Barton tweeting some guy yesterday who said 'look at the messageboards, nobody respects you like they once did'

Maybe Joey has had a read of this thread and now wants to leave?

Tell him Smith should have a read of his thread.

Glad your not manager, you'd have got shot of Cantona and Romario cause they were no longer worth the hassle.

Did you just compare Barton to Cantona and Romario?

???

Glad your not manager, you'd have got shot of Cantona and Romario cause they were no longer worth the hassle.

Did you just compare Barton to Cantona and Romario?

???

Nope not at all

Guest bimpy474

I know Cantona had a bit of a punch at a fan but i dont ever remember him or Romario duffing up some teenager and going to prison.