Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

For me, that confirmes pretty much that he will play. Pardew just wants to let it sound as it was his decision alone - not forced by the squad he has.

Jonas/Tiote/Cabaye/Barton  maybe Gosling in as well if its 4/5/1. Maybe Marv for Jonas - bloody hell options aplenty. Only Ba up front - no options at all.

For me, that confirmes pretty much that he will play. Pardew just wants to let it sound as it was his decision alone - not forced by the squad he has.

Jonas/Tiote/Cabaye/Barton  maybe Gosling in as well if its 4/5/1. Maybe Marv for Jonas - bloody hell options aplenty. Only Ba up front - no options at all.

Maybe Obertan if we're going 5 in midfield?

I'd forgot about him. Is he left or right or equally good/useless in either?

JOEY Barton must be “totally committed” to Newcastle United before Alan Pardew grants him a return to the club’s matchday squad – while the Magpies boss insists Gabriel Obertan, the new arrival being seen by some as Barton’s replacement, has his “best years ahead of him”.

Newcastle placed Barton on the transfer list last week, when the 28-year-old was made available for free and forced to train alone after criticising the St James’ Park hierarchy on a social media website.

His days on Tyneside appeared to be at an end, with Arsenal, Aston Villa, Stoke City and Celtic initially credited with an interest in the midfielder.

The Journal understands United quickly stepped up their own interest in Swiss international Tranquillo Barnetta – a summer-long target along with, Pardew confirmed once again, a striker – and have now added Obertan on a five-year contract. However, while further talks between Barton, Pardew and Newcastle’s top brass have tempered matters, paving the way for the player’s return to first-team training in recent days, his manager is determined to maintain order in “my dressing room” and has warned the outspoken star to buy into the club’s united ethos or remain out of his matchday plans.

“Joey’s trained with us, but he understands and we understand each other’s position,” said Pardew, finalising preparations for the new Premier league campaign, which begins at home to Arsenal on Saturday. “Joey won’t be included this weekend unless I feel that he’s totally committed to the club.

“It’s not an olive branch. I’m in the middle trying to mediate but at the end of the line, it’s my dressing room and if Joey’s not right he won’t be in my dressing room.”

Unlike Obertan, who yesterday completed his move from Manchester United.

And Pardew said: “I’m very happy to get Obertan in this week, before the season kicks off. He’s a player I’ve watched for the last couple of seasons since he arrived at Manchester United.

“He has great pace and excellent technique and he has improved his power in the last 12 months, and is ready now to make a real impact in the Premier League.

“I contacted Sir Alex (Ferguson) about him early at the start of the summer to see if there was an opportunity to bring him to Newcastle, but it wasn’t until Wayne Routledge joined Swansea City that we were able to bring him in.

“His best years are ahead of him, which is exactly what we want at this club, and with the backing of our magnificent fans I’m sure he will prove an excellent signing for us.” Reporting that no further developments have occurred regarding the future of José Enríque – who refuses to sign a new contract with a year left on his current deal – Pardew also added: “We still need another striker and we’re still pursuing that, and if we lose a player we’re going to replace him.

“Within the squad at the minute there’s one place available for a striker and that search is ongoing until such time as we get the right player in.

“I’d be surprised if it goes down to the wire, I will be, but it might do.” Meanwhile, Pardew was delighted to welcome Cheick Tioté back onto Tyneside yesterday, after the midfielder returned from Ghana following the successful process of a visa application.

“It’s great that Cheick is back with us as we continue the build-up to the weekend,” Pardew said.

“He’s missed a little time with the rest of the players after our pre-season tour of the United States but one of our physios, Derek Wright, has been with Cheick and has been working with him extremely hard.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/10/joey-barton-has-to-prove-his-commitment-to-nufc-61634-29208940/2/#ixzz1Ucc46tdk

So AP has confirmed he's back in the squad and might play Saturday, good news.

:thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Maybe Obertan if we're going 5 in midfield?

Reckon Barton will start wide right but could Marveaux play behind Ba?

Barton   Tiote  Cabaye

Marveax                       Jonas

Ba 

Is how I'd go. Swap Marv for Obertan at some point. I reckon we'll more likely see 4-4-2 though with Barton, Tiote, Cabaye and Jonas. Ba and Best up top.

Guest cr4igora

Don't think Barton will start.

Agreed. I think it's going to be 'make an example' time, cue a Barton Twitter rant.

With 4 wingers at the club now, won't Barton tuck back into the center when he is playing again?

Barton  Tiote  Cabaye

Marveax                        Jonas

Ba 

Is how I'd go. Swap Marv for Obertan at some point. I reckon we'll more likely see 4-4-2 though with Barton, Tiote, Cabaye and Jonas. Ba and Best up top.

That's how I'd play it too, with the wide men getting right up in support of Ba whenever they can and running at a shaky as fuck Arsenal defence who will already be worried about the physical presence of Ba. We should be looking to win this game, no doubt about it.

Agreed. I think it's going to be 'make an example' time, cue a Barton Twitter rant.

With 4 wingers at the club now, won't Barton tuck back into the center when he is playing again?

4? I'm guessing you're counting Ben Arfa as a winger which I don't think he will be, it's been stressed many times that he'll be played through the middle. The way I see it Jonas and Marveaux  are our left wingers if we're playing 4-4-2 while Obertan is back up for Barton on the right. I doubt we'll see much of Barton in the middle unless we play 4-3-3 with wing-fowards and even then I'd imagine he'll drift out wide.

Barton  Tiote  Cabaye

Ba 

That's how I'd play it too, with the wide men getting right up in support of Ba whenever they can and running at a shaky as fuck Arsenal defence who will already be worried about the physical presence of Ba. We should be looking to win this game, no doubt about it.

Definitely, Arsenal are more than there for the taking at the minute.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Barton  Tiote  Cabaye

Ba 

Ba and Shola more like!

Guest cr4igora

4? I'm guessing you're counting Ben Arfa as a winger which I don't think he will be, it's been stressed many times that he'll be played through the middle. The way I see it Jonas and Marveaux  are our left wingers if we're playing 4-4-2 while Obertan is back up for Barton on the right. I doubt we'll see much of Barton in the middle unless we play 4-3-3 with wing-fowards and even then I'd imagine he'll drift out wide.

I thought Ben Arfa was more of a wide player? And isnt' Barton better in the middle than on the right were we've been playing him? I'm so confused, there are too many midfielders for me to keep a track of  :undecided:

Barton  Tiote  Cabaye

Ba 

That's how I'd play it too, with the wide men getting right up in support of Ba whenever they can and running at a shaky as f*** Arsenal defence who will already be worried about the physical presence of Ba. We should be looking to win this game, no doubt about it.

Definitely, Arsenal are more than there for the taking at the minute.

:nods:

What are the odds on: after tweeting saying he'll play on Saturday, Joey only starts from the bench, comes on in the 2nd half, inevitably scores a last minute winner, does some crazy 'Ketsbaia' like celebration, has a dig at the board in post match interview, and before the night is over, he tweets he's been fined and offer accepted by the club for him from.....Arseanal...

yup..thats the nasty thought I had last night  >:D

Ergh.

What?

That suggested line-up from Hans, in the manner it was posted. Ba would have a lonely afternoon.

Not usually one to shoot others' ideas down so bluntly, but it doesn't look like a good team selection to me considering what we have available.