Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone seen that "Joey Barton is to join Robbie Savage on Radio 5 live 606 show from 1800 BST (UK users)" , more tasty sound-bites guaranteed.

He's a bit of a knob sure, but its thoroughly entertaining  :lol:, he does defend himself and he didn't do what 'the old joey' would have done yesterday.

Overall the question for me is whether with the whole package that he is, does he positively contribute to the team, or not. And i think at this stage he does, his footballing ability adds enough to the team to cope with the antics, but if he got offside with a key player in the team, not just the management, then that might change.

yep Barton went to assist Gervinho to get off the ground, but!! Gervinho then turned on Barton as Barton helped him get up! which caused the fracas, watch iplayer and you can clearly see the offence happening, funny how the stamping has drifted into the background and all the emphisis is on Barton starting the bother.

yep Barton went to assist Gervinho to get off the ground, but!! Gervinho then turned on Barton as Barton helped him get up! which caused the fracas, watch iplayer and you can clearly see the offence happening, funny how the stamping has drifted into the background and all the emphisis is on Barton starting the bother.

Assist him to get off the ground :lol:

Seriously though, this is part of the reason why shit like this carries on in the game. People will scream blue murder if something is done by a player from another team but will try and justify it if it's done by one of their own as it's 'part of the game'.

That's what disappoints me the most, as I said yesterday all the attention is on joey, yet of the three players invol ed in unsavoury activiy yesterday, he was the one least in the wrong. A player who intentionally and cowardly stamped on another achielles, something that could easy have result in a seasn or career ending injury and a person who tried to cheat and raised his hands to the face of another player are forgotten about because joey grab the said cheater's shirt too vigorously and made the most of of slap.

Sad that some of the most vocal profess to support this club.

That's what disappoints me the most, as I said yesterday all the attention is on joey, yet of the three players invol ed in unsavoury activiy yesterday, he was the one least in the wrong. A player who intentionally and cowardly stamped on another achielles, something that could easy have result in a seasn or career ending injury and a person who tried to cheat and raised his hands to the face of another player are forgotten about because joey grab the said cheater's shirt too vigorously and made the most of of slap.

You seem to be unaware that human beings are capable of condemning some actions whilst also condemning others. He feigned injury, simple as, I hate it when other players do it and I hate it when Barton does it. It's called being objective.

Assist him to get off the ground :lol:

Superb. :lol:

Barton helped him to get up. Interesting view on things.

I don't think a single person across the country has ignored the stamp, it's been roundly condemned and there have been calls for the FA to look at the video for further punishment. That doesn't mean we keep our head in the sand wrt our own players and  how they conduct themselves. I don't want to see them putting themselves in a position where they might get sent off, and Barton came perilously close to it yesterday. If the ref had been looking the right way he'd have gone IMO.

Seem to have Joey Barton in the middle of my life right now and it looks like he'll be living closely with me over the next year, like some kind of delinquent/mischievious son.

Hope it doesn't become unbearable. Twitter and it's use to drive media stories is making everything so much worse.

One anxiety I have is without Nolan around to generally help keep the lid on, on the pitch it might just get out of control when teams inevitably target him again. Hope Joey is strong enough to deal with it, because I believe we really need the positive qualities he has this year.

One more sidenote, I'm sadly very proud that I managed to spell Scezney correct first time. :yeah:

You mean Szczesny?  :coolsmiley:

Damnit! I even Googled it after I first typed it out and it didn't say 'Did you mean' so I assumed I got it right. :( Worst day ever.

He is the Ronnie O'Sullivan of football. Going to have no shortage of options at this rate when he retires.

Don't see him signing on with us anytime soon but if we manage to keep him I will be happy. I bet Colo is dreading having to have words with him.

Guest johnson293

Looks like it'll probably be on iplayer, so I think I'll skim through it tomorrow and just try and hear the Barton bit.

Song = biggest c*** of the day

Gervinho = prick

Barton = Stupid

We all understand the frustration of someone diving for a penalty, but it was a poor reaction from Barton. Also hitting the floor like that was simulation. Weren't we all calling Pedersen a knobhead last season.  Barton was a lucky boy yesterday, however, the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Hopefully Song will get a ban for what he did, I can't see a reason for him not to get one.

Lets hope this dies down by the derby, no doubt anything he does wrong there will get over analysed.

:thup: My main worry of it all is Song better get punished for his bullshit. Can't blame the officials IMO. As someone else said, it took until the replays to work out exactly what Barton was going irate about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another Wolves performance from Barton next week. They go out and get told to wind him up to fuck, but he lets it off and has a good game. Just to try and prove that he's not the same old character after this. But I fear for beyond the mackems game.