Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

They're trying to improve their squad by investing money into it. I don't think they've bought particularly well but they're trying to be better than they currently are. If the new owner is sticking his hand in his pocket and backing his managers judgement then good on him. At least they're having a go. No idea if it will work out or not for them like. 

Guest Heneage

QPR aren't showing ambition. They're throwing stupid wages at players on the way down in a desperate attempt to stay up. Just reminds me of West Ham, Luke Young is their Wayne Bridge.

Barton is obviously a good player but we all know he's no central midfielder anymore.

They are showing ambition to go forward, to stay up. We arent even showing ambition to stay where we are, never mind moving forward.

I just don't see that as ambition. To me it's desperation, just like when West Ham were throwing wages at Robbie Keane, Ba, Bridge etc.

I agree we're hardly be ambitious.

I think it can be considered ambition if they are strengthening their team which I think they are doing.

Though that's assuming the players add to the team. Kieron Dyer has added diddly squit, nor has Bothroyd. Of course you can't really judge at the end of the season but I don't think of the players they've gained any will make a major contribution.

They're trying to improve their squad by investing money into it. I don't think they've bought particularly well but they're trying to be better than they currently are. If the new owner is sticking his hand in his pocket and backing his managers judgement then good on him. At least they're having a go. No idea if it will work out or not for them like. 

:thup: Ambition is relative.

GM is brilliant at getting bites :lol:

If you say so, Cajun. If you say so. :dontknow: I was actually trying to convey a broader reflection that from what I've seen so far this season we've had three quite decent results, without actually showing much sign of improving the quality of the football we play or the signings that we make. I don't think the squad we have got is anything more than mediocre overall. We're not showing any signs of ambition, unless treading water is "the new ambition" of the day. I'm quite saddened by the fact you and others only see my posts in terms of being a WUM, and consequently dismiss what I'm saying as being solely designed to get bites. Seeing it as such, is rather missing the point.

Do you really believe that GM? Aye we've sold quality but we've also bought quality.

Wait and see, mate. Wait and see.

Right now, I'm unconvinced. Seriously underwhelmed by a lot of what I saw today.

Would you have been happy with Luke Young on a 3 year deal?

Congratulations on another irrelevant interjection.

How so?

You're saying QPR are showing more ambition than ourselves. I'm contesting that. They've signed players who either couldn't get a game elsewhere, or weren't interesting other Premier League clubs. It's all well and good saying you want to bid for Scott Parker but until he's through the door in a QPR shirt they are but words.

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic with our business. I'd have liked to see a CB and a top striker come in, but compared to QPR I know which is more likely to stay up. If you believe Danny Gabbidon and Kieron Dyer are ambitious then fine, but I'm just asking you to explain your reasoning.

I've said my piece on this one. See my post above. Cheers.

This from the true faith message board which I read. May also be one of you from here but agree totally with this comment:

"I haven't seen him smile yet having signed for QPR. One can only imagine he woke up this morning and wondered why has has got himself into this situation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Barton household to try and gauge the mood. He still had 12 months here on 60k a week and at the end of that, he would've still got a move somewhere. He engineered a move away but he did it in the hope of landing a club like Spurs. When it became clear that no one else was interested, he must have panicking about opening his gob.

Let's not beat around the bush here. He knew exactly what he was doing when he spoke out on Twitter, it was a situation that was engineered to get him out of NUFC but if you had suggested to Barton that QPR would be the only club interested in taking him at the time, he'd have probably laughed.

He had backed himself into a corner and Ashley called his bluff. There is no way in a million years he wanted and/or expected QPR to be his last resort.

It's a lesson to anyone who thinks they are bigger than a club or a regime, the grass certainly isn't always greener on the other side, and I say this holding our owner and chief in the contempt they deserve. Even with the current situation in mind, NUFC is a better place to play your football than QPR, every single day of the week."

Nailed it.

Aye, apart from overlooking the tiny detail about QPR starting to show themselves to be a club with bold ambitions, and the likelihood they will soon overtake us in those stakes the way things are going...

Aye, same kind of vibe Notts County's owners did with Sven and Sol, and Blackburn with their Kaka, Ronaldinho talk, even the original QPR owners and to an extent ashley's arrival here. They've proved nothing apart from having to pay over the odds for one of the most controversial players in the league, a player no one important wanted, and on a free. They've got a few days to bring in some quality or spend half the season with the weakest championship winning squad in quite some time and by the time the new window opens they could be on their way back down.

Still uttering the word ambition seems enough to fool some, Barton uses it to justify his move, when in fact he'd love to ave wrapped us his career here.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Heza09 likes this.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Joey. :lol:

He's quite right :(

He's bang on.

To be fair I think he's having a pop at MA and DL and not the club and tbh I'm glad he is. His voice seems to be heard, no doubt we'll hear from various sources tomorrow about the £59M profit. It should be highlighted.

by NUFCThreatLevel@

@Chubbza tiote and krul will be sold as soon as there's a significant bid or the ask for a new deal, jonas and collo off by this time nx yr

He needs to shut the fuck up.

by NUFCThreatLevel@

@Chubbza tiote and krul will be sold as soon as there's a significant bid or the ask for a new deal, jonas and collo off by this time nx yr

He needs to shut the fuck up.

Why? It's been obvious to most for months and months that this is what the plan is. Barton is just saying it, nothing wrong with that.