Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

This is so wrong, right next time one of ours picks up a 3 game ban, we send him on loan to a league 2 or lower just so we can get his ban up early.

It stinks and opens it up to more abuse of it in the future.

Guest bimpy474

Regardless of the circumstances he's going to play for FLEETWOOD TOWN. Ha ha ha.

Champions league player remember.

Aye, one of the best midfielders in England, his own words them like. The bloke is toxic, Fleetwood will soon dispair at his ego and behaviour just like every other club has.

Then again is never your fault is it Joey.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf to him, he never said he was the best midfielder in England. He said that at that time (while he was in form) he was good enough for England, which at the time he probably just about was.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf to him, he never said he was the best midfielder in England. He said that at that time (while he was in form) he was good enough for England, which at the time he probably just about was.

Nah. You maybe be right but do you really think his ego and the voices in his head aren't telling him he is the best thing since suspender belts.

That and he's a massive cock.

Regardless of the circumstances he's going to play for FLEETWOOD TOWN. Ha ha ha.

No, he isn't.

He's going to register with Fleetwood town whilst they play 12 games, then come straight back. He'll not play 1 single second for them.

Guest firetotheworks

You shouldn't let your opinion of someone influence the truth though. I remember very well what he said and he didn't say that he was the best midfielder in England.

Guest bimpy474

You shouldn't let your opinion of someone influence the truth though. I remember very well what he said and he didn't say that he was the best midfielder in England.

Well not for me to argue with you as you are giving me a ticking off, but if you actually read my post properly you would see i said, he reckoned he was ONE of the best midfielders in England. I did not say he reckoned he was the best. And for the record he did say he was one of the best midfielders in England.

And my view on him is as it has always been, he isn't in the top ten midfielders, never was and never will be.

Guest bimpy474

This isn't me trying to prove my point by the way because i actually remember this, it was taken out of context as him saying he was the best when he reckoned he was one of the best on his form at the time. Still wasn't imo.

“Honestly, I think I’m the best [English midfielder], Luka Modric and Samir Nasri are very good, but in terms of English players… well, Jack Wilshere isn’t bad, but Frank Lampard’s on the way down and Steven Gerrard’s been injured a lot.

“I’m English and I love playing for my country. Maybe the people at the top have a problem with me – I don’t know – but the trouble I had was four years ago. They should be able to forgive me, shouldn’t they?”

No, he isn't.

He's going to register with Fleetwood town whilst they play 12 games, then come straight back. He'll not play 1 single second for them.

We'll see.

He's actually already played 'a single second for them' in a friendly.

Guest firetotheworks

This isn't me trying to prove my point by the way because i actually remember this, it was taken out of context as him saying he was the best when he reckoned he was one of the best on his form at the time. Still wasn't imo.

“Honestly, I think I’m the best [English midfielder], Luka Modric and Samir Nasri are very good, but in terms of English players… well, Jack Wilshere isn’t bad, but Frank Lampard’s on the way down and Steven Gerrard’s been injured a lot.

“I’m English and I love playing for my country. Maybe the people at the top have a problem with me – I don’t know – but the trouble I had was four years ago. They should be able to forgive me, shouldn’t they?”

Aye, it's nowt like me giving you a ticking off or owt mate. I was just making the point that he said on form, which he was at the time for about 6 months. At the time he was playing better than a lot of players. Unlucky for him that that now means nothing.

Disgrace if this move is sanctioned. Blatant attempt to circumvent his ban. Absolute joke.

Shouldn't be allowed. Would love it if he gets back and is told that his ban hasn't been served.

I can understand peoples frustrations, but if someone finds a loophole in the laws, then you have to make new rules which close the loopholes. There is not much chance that they'll manage to do that before this saga is over, and there's no way they should retroactively punish him. Just have to let this one go I'm afraid boys.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, it's nowt like me giving you a ticking off or owt mate. I was just making the point that he said on form, which he was at the time for about 6 months. At the time he was playing better than a lot of players. Unlucky for him that that now means nothing.

I was only joking about the ticking off mate....;). I know he was in good form at that time but i thought he still gave the ball away far too much for my liking. And it was the short ten yard passes that he used to do it with. It drove me mad and i felt it was covered up a bit with his assists from set pieces.

You aren't allowed to use loans purely to avoid a ban, if QPR recall him once he's available then the FA will act.

Also, chances are Fleetwood are putting up a fair amount of money. Their chairman, Andy Pilley, has already invested over £8m in the club.