Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Newcastle should be grateful for Twitter factor re Barton. It's distracted from the real issues and shifted debate onto social networking

Favorite Retweet Reply

Fair point.  Did nobody question that we've actually so far made a profit this transfer window, assuming Routledge has actually left.

Fair point.  Did nobody question that we've actually so far made a profit this transfer window, assuming Routledge has actually left.

No idea, not much is out yet, I can only guess it's still ongoing.

Pardews latest quotes seem fair enough and seems he still see's the door as open.  Reading between the lines that he does not agree on the decision to put him on a free?  Clearly he also thinks what JB did was wrong.

Who knows how this will unfold.  Would not be suprised if an internal apology by JB was made and he features on Saturday.

So is this looking more like a "Ok Joey, come back to the first team and play out your contract" or a "Ok Joey, come back to the first team and we'll return to the negotiation table"?

Guest bimpy474

So is this looking more like a "Ok Joey, come back to the first team and play out your contract" or a "Ok Joey, come back to the first team and we'll return to the negotiation table"?

1st one if we sign no one, 2nd if we sign 2/3 players before window closes.

How does that work then? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Sign on one, shows Joey no ambition, sign 2/3 depending on who they could show him we might be going forward.

I can dream i suppose :)

Sign on one, shows Joey no ambition, sign 2/3 depending on who they could show him we might be going forward.

Oh right, I get it now!

Sorry, I was thinking "We sign players then that means they want Barton, if we don't then we let him go"?! :lol:

Guest WashyGeordie

If bridges are mended, so to speak, will we still be going for Barnetta?

If bridges are mended it will be for the sole reason we don't actually have to spend money bringing someone new in.

Yup. And if he signs a year extension (or however long)... "The Carroll money was also used to extend Joey Barton's £3m a year contract..."

Guest bimpy474

Oh right, I get it now!

Sorry, I was thinking "We sign players then that means they want Barton, if we don't then we let him go"?! :lol:

Damn i think your right, my dream is turning into a nightmare :D

I've noticed some people are talking about 'our' finances and 'we've' got no money.

It's not our club any more. It's run by a market barrow boy and his Egor-type assistant, and a manager who will do anything or say anything they tell him.

It is a fucking disgrace, but some people seem quite happy with that. FFS!

Doesn't anyone feel ashamed that it's come to this?

I think for a lot of them it's "well we've won some games, innit, so I'll shut out those voices of reason in me 'ed and close my eyes, and everything suddenly looks alright, lyk."

I'm not "100% everything is Ashley's fault" as someone here described me as, but it's like saying "well, he hasn't messed up in a little while and there have been a few things he's done right, so George Bush is an alright President, lyk."

The overall picture will always look shady with this lot in-charge of our club, even if they finally start doing things that keep the club stable on the pitch. That much at least we can hope for, the latter. Hopefully they've learned their lessons from 2 years ago.