Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Like i've said in the AC thread, i have been told he has signed a contract and it will be released this or next week.

odd you'd think they'd want a little positive publicity right about now

You'd think so.

My 'source' may well be wrong. So i don't want to go on like i'm an ITK tbh...despite telling you guys :facepalm:

:lol:

itk O0

Don't blame him if he has. Carroll, like with Nolan, has revitalised Barton's career. That's what made him so valuable to us. His true worth I'm not arsed about because he shouldn't have been sold. To us with this squad and the "financial limitations" we're under he was irreplaceable.

Carroll's had nothing to do with how well Barton has been playing man.

If anything, Barton's passing and crossing has made Carroll look good.

Fuck off man. :lol:

Your crossing's only as good as the bloke who can rise a foot above the closest defender and head it in.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It works both ways.

It works both ways.

and it's more the other way. Barton put some floating far post crosses in against fulham, and a simialr style of freekick into the box too. with a player like andy carroll, who is unplayable in the air, to attack those crosses, they're made to look good. With Best, Shola and Ranger in the box they were shown up as being completely ineffective, as they would be with the majority of strikers.

Carroll and Barton worked up a fantastic relationship here, but now it's time for Barton to change his methods.

Not good signs that the team spirit is going to remain intact after the Carroll sale. Nolan happy to lose a key player to another club, Barton stalling on signing a contract, Enrique making remarks on Carroll's salary. Sounds a lot like our last relegation season when too many players had one eye on the exit door.