Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Next thing we know he'll be on the forum at this rate.

That'd be fucking awesome, like. He'd get banned fairly quickly though.

Aye, Nixon would report him when he, inevitable, calls him a cunt.

Dunno why this made me laugh so hard.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do everything possible to force him out.

That's the next step I would expect from the club following this. It could get messy.

No way Ashley and Llambias will come out of this with any sympathisers remaining. We'll see their true colours once and for all with Barton involved.

Guest Antec

This is most definatly not going to end well. Clearly pr move by barton to win hearts and minds etc (not sure why mind everyone assumes the worst of hierarchy anyway)

Are you taking the  piss?

Mis-read it, I agree  :blush:

Wraith talks so much shit, today saying he doesnt know whether Joey has offered to take a pay decrease BUT last week "Spoke To Joey Barton last week at my event..he doesn't want to leave...he has offered to take 20k a week pay cut...he will sit tight he says"

"I don't want to leave. I love it here and the fans know that.

I will be here next season, no way am i being sold. Once my contracts up my hands are tied but hopefully someone buys the club by then.

I love this club and want success. We should buy the club like they did at Barcelona.

I am starting a twitter account this week so every fan will know the truth.

I love the fans of this club and want to bring a trophy here."

Wouldn't surprise me if they do everything possible to force him out.

Without doubt. The smear campaign starts here.

If McKay, Ashley & Llambias all told me that it was a bright, sunny day out, I'd not know whether to grab an umbrella for the inevitable rain or shotgun for the 3 of them. 

Both parties are going to do everything they can to put forward a twisted version of their views - Barton & McKay will say that he's being forced out and doesn't want to leave.  Ashley & Llambias will say that he's a greedy & disruptive bastard.  I'm not sure if the truth can be found somewhere between the two views or whether the truth has simply had enough and fucked off on holiday.

Barton's had a superb season but prior to this season he's been dreadful, I'd like to see him get an extended contract but I can also see the merits in not giving him a contract that's too long.  Surely there's an easy answer to this?  Like give him the contract on the table but with an option similar to the one that was in Butt's, if he plays a certain amount of games in the last season of his contract then it can be renewed for a further year automatically (should the player wish to).

:dontknow: