Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Well there's always two sides to every story, and you can choose to believe either side and demonise the other or you can step back a bit and keep studying - trying to work it all out.

It may be a hopeless task but I'm certainly going to do the latter.

I think Ashley/Llambias probably want him gone in an ideal world.

I think Pardew is probably ambivalent about it provided he can replace him. Would like to keep, perhaps, but not too bothered if he loses him.

What's Joey's game here? He was offered a new contract back in January and chose not to accept?

Has that offer been withdrawn, or are the club just refusing to alter the terms of that offer?

Or was he offered anything, was it all hearsay?

Why does Barton feel the need to join Twitter and make this public, more so than it was already being discussed anyway. What does he hope to gain? Is it in the best interests of Barton/McKay or Newcastle United?

What was wrong with staying on another 2 years if he loves the club so much?

My take is:

Ashley and Llambias want Barton out. But if Barton can be retained at an acceptable --- or you can say, cheap --- cost then no problem about it.

Pardew is bothered. Barton is very useful in both right midfield and centre midfield position and is currently the vice captain. His back up is Guthrie and no one can guarantee him that the club will sign quality players to replace Barton, unless he is daft enough to believe Ashley and Llambias.

There was a contract offered at January according to various sources. So it's Barton who didn't accept it.  It may be due to not good enough, or having doubts towards the club future like Enrique after Carroll's sales.

Then it's his intention, which is the most difficult question now.  Originally I think he does want to stay and is putting pressure towards the club in order to get a better contract, which is fair play.  But then, why targeting Ashley and Llambias? This is the last thing to do to stay in this club.  Ok we all know Ashley and Llambias are bastards but if you really want to stay you cannot voice that out.  So my take would be he wants to leave.  By doing these PR exercises, I guess, he wants to give out "some" positive images  like "I like playing for a club and fans that loves me and I will not cause trouble anymore" etc to the public and to his potential suitors.  Who? Liverpool, Aston Villa, or even QPR etc.  They are willing to pay his wages if he is available at a very low price.  On the other hand, we are not in a position to demand huge fees since he is walking away for free next season. 2m is the best price we can get.

And finally, I believe he loves the club and the fans, but just he loves himself more.

bingo.

We're talking about Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias, Joey Barton, and Willie McKay here.

All of these people have either sold their sold to Satan, are clinically insane, or both.

Don't even try to analyze the situation rationally.

I've got to say, it might not do him any favours but I do like that Barton speaks his mind:

After the Liverpool match: Pardew had nothing to do with it, he's only been here 2 days (or words to that effect)

Gareth Barry is shit and overrated

Hope someone displaces the owners

Gutsy :thup:

I've got to say, it might not do him any favours but I do like that Barton speaks his mind:

After the Liverpool match: Pardew had nothing to do with it, he's only been here 2 days (or words to that effect)

Gareth Barry is s*** and overrated

There's a line between gutsy and idiotic, and Barton's belly-flopped right over it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Piers

Thing about combat on here @Joey7Barton is that you have to use your brain, not your fists. Not really a fair fight but best of luck...

Gareth Barry is shit and overrated

One of the very best post-match interview I've seen that day: (that one after LIverpool)

Gareth Barry is s*** and overrated

There's a line between gutsy and idiotic, and Barton's belly-flopped right over it.

The two don't necessarily have anything to do with one another.

I'm pretty sure he knows he's abetting his own downfall - but his principles of being honest/acting frankly just mean more to him.

As I said, not the best for him practically speaking.

Guest young master

What he is saying with the 'not be leaving no matter what' will surely test the people who think Carroll was forced out of the club.

very good point young man.  Hope Barton stays, even though i think he's going the wrong way about it.  But having said that if he hadn't let everyone know about this , will we all be saying "money grabbing cnnt!" 

Piers Morgan to Joey

I haven't used a type-writer since you last went a season without being sent off @Joey7Barton #lastmillennium

So that would be this season would it Piers? :doh: :lol:

Blackburn.

/buzzkiller

Piers Morgan to Joey

I haven't used a type-writer since you last went a season without being sent off @Joey7Barton #lastmillennium

So that would be this season would it Piers? :doh: :lol:

Blackburn.

/buzzkiller

He wasn't sent from the field of play, therefore no sending off. O0