Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

At least find the right thread of ill-informed generalising.

Ian, they've got his wages off the books, which is one of the main reasons Pardew was brought in if we're to believe Golfmag (i see no reason not to since he was absolutely right about Pardew coming in ages before time). He will not be replaced by anyone, money saved.

Aye, but that's just an effect, it's clear that Barton brought this into the public domain and brought the situation to a head. Unless Llambias is secretly running his twitter account.

You can justify this decision based on his outbursts and wages if you want, but crucially, I can't see anyone coming in to replace Barton.

What actually goes on on the pitch seems incidental to some people.  Don't lose sight of important things like money sitting in a bank account or players doing stuff on twitter by getting all wound up about who we're actually going to play in 12 days.

Don't assume this will be the only outgoing either.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? This decision has nothing to do with money sitting in a bank account at all.

At least find the right thread of ill-informed generalising.

I'm speaking in a wider sense about some people's reaction when Ashley does something which has an absolutely undeniable negative effect on our ability to perform as a football club.  That selling Carroll was the right decision from a financial perspective, that releasing Barton is the right decision from a PR perspective because he doesn't toe the party line on twitter.  If you have to stop looking at things from a football perspective to try and convince yourself they're OK you need to press your reset button and go back to thinking like a football fan.

:clap:

Idiot. He should know by now how to behave whilst he is being paid by his employers. Hes a "decent" player but has a massive ego and behavioural problems. Let's all look forward to finding a replacement player who for 50k per week behaves better and plays better than someone who even last season couldn't to the duration without assaulting someone (Pedereson).

The only issue I have is getting new players to gel quickly as we have had a few key areas replaced but I guess we'll have to wait an see.

People having a go at Barton and Enrique for coming out on twitter.

The bigger picture is the reason WHY they have to come out.

Every club in the country has players on twitter, we're the only one who's players speak out against the board, there is good fucken reason for that.

Barton, Nolan, Carroll and Enrique gone, that is a significant part of how we stayed in this league.

Using the rift between the fans and the owner to try and get a new deal. It's too convenient for them. Too easy.

No, I think his brilliant performances all last season was his justification for a new contract.

that would be thinking about the football though, elementary mistake

I reckon he has said he ain't going anywhere. Will see him contract out unless they pay him up!

This. Will have been told he can leave on a free if an offer comes in. He will most likely say he loves it here and is staying on, refusing to speak to other clubs that have shown an interest. If he's as principled as he says he is, he will have told them he's going nowhere and will stay until the end of his contract.

This could become like one of those situations of FM where, in order to get rid of Smith for fuck all you continually slag him off in the press and fine him until he finally relents and he goes.

Barton just told Talksport 'People are jumping to conclusions over this'  :undecided:

No way, a player says "I'll make a statement on my future in two hours" and people jump to conclusions?  He must be shocked!