Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Sagna one was ridiculous. I'd be raging if I was Wenger, he was f***ing through.

It was class. Can't believe he carried on going and then just collapsed in a heap :lol:

me and my mate were sat directly behind the incident and were convinced he must have got a stud on the knee or something like that, there was no other explanation for skinning someone and falling over

The Sagna one was ridiculous. I'd be raging if I was Wenger, he was f***ing through.

It was class. Can't believe he carried on going and then just collapsed in a heap :lol:

me and my mate were sat directly behind the incident and were convinced he must have got a stud on the knee or something like that, there was no other explanation for skinning someone and falling over

Didn't he get a knock on his knee? I've had that before and it does smart a bit.

Didn't he get a knock on his knee? I've had that before and it does smart a bit.

There a five second delay though? :laugh:

Guest johnson293

Just listened through the Barton interview on 606 from last night.

Thought he came across, and put his points of view across well.

Credit to Savage to backing him up too.

That 'Liverpool' supporting cockney who called was a proper #helmet though.

absolutely, hurts like hell. didnt look like it on MOTD though

There a five second delay though? :laugh:

Five seconds you say? My word.

I reckon it must have been something like a knock or his knee locked or something because he'd skinned the defender and had got past him with the ball hadn't he? To go down didn't really make much sense. Either way I'm not that bothered, we got a point. :lol:

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Graeme Souness on Joey Barton: "Everyone talks about him, but he's a mediocre footballer the club wants to get rid of." Exactly!

Yes, Graeme, that's the case. At last you got something right.

Talking bollocks.

Another point that I've not heard made is that when Gervinho lost the ball, Joey was in a very good position to start and / or support a counter attack. Instead, he turned his back on the ball and confronted Gervinho.

This. He should have got a red. Can't believe people are defending it or justifying it down to the Song stamp.

He went back, while play was still on, and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and lifted him off the floor, then put his hands against the lads face before Gervinho started windmill slapping him.

Guest icemanblue

He went back, while play was still on, and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and lifted him off the floor, then put his hands against the lads face before Gervinho started windmill slapping him.

Ah, figures. I'd assumed you'd seen it. Obviously not.

He went back, while play was still on, and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck

Which is why he got cautioned (as is often the case in scuffles on the pitch in the PL), and Gervinho would have got the same had he not 'slapped' Barton.

then put his hands against the lads face before Gervinho started windmill slapping him.

and that never happened. Barton's hands went nowhere near his face.

this made me chuckle

Neilfarrington Neil Farrington

Graeme Souness calls @Joey7Barton mediocre. Ruddock, Stewart, Piechnik, Kozma, Dicks, ALI DIA, Grabbi, Boumsong, Babayaro, Faye, Luque...

:thup:

Graeme Souness on Joey Barton: "Everyone talks about him, but he's better than I was." Exactly!

:snod:

Pushing it, to be fair...

Graeme Souness on Joey Barton: "Everyone talks about him, but he's better than I was." Exactly!

:snod:

Pushing it, to be fair...

So is some knackered ex-pro calling Barton mediocre, to be fair...