Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think he'd go there, unless we've decided to push him out which doesn't tally with the first two games at all.

We're still trying to push him out. In the end we could have removed him from the transfer list.

Does 'the transfer list' even exist? Sure, we've not made a public statement to say that he's no longer available to move on a free, but I find it hard to believe that he'd be starting games if we are still adamant about getting rid of him at all costs.

I still wonder why Pardew said before the Arsenal match that, Barton still had a chance of featuring in the Arsenal game, and might even in the derby.

Maybe just pointless, but it was a strange comment that time, considering the derby was after the Arsenal match.

I don't think he'd go there, unless we've decided to push him out which doesn't tally with the first two games at all.

We're still trying to push him out. In the end we could have removed him from the transfer list.

Does 'the transfer list' even exist? Sure, we've not made a public statement to say that he's no longer available to move on a free, but I find it hard to believe that he'd be starting games if we are still adamant about getting rid of him at all costs.

He starts games because Pardew selects the team.

He's on the transfer list for free because Ashley wants him out.

Barton playing doesn't signal a change of the situation imo.

I don't believe for a second that Ashley would allow Pardew to play him if he didn't want him to.

He's still be training with the youth team

He is or he would be?

Would be, s should have been a d

Big difference :lol:  :thup:

I don't believe for a second that Ashley would allow Pardew to play him if he didn't want him to.

He's still be training with the youth team

He is or he would be?

Would be, s should have been a d

Big difference :lol:  :thup:

Only about 3mm on the keyboard :lol:

I was looking at Drew Barton's (brother?) twitter the other day (had the time of his life in the away end on Saturday) but someone asked him about Joey staying and he said "I hope so kid its what we all want."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/West-Ham-Kevin-Nolan-hopes-they-sign-pal-Joey-Barton-Newcastle-if-Scott-Parker-is-sold-exclusive-story-article788937.html

EXCLUSIVE: Nolan wants Barton reunion at West Ham

Published 23:01 22/08/11 By Darren Lewis

Kevin Nolan has urged his friend Joey Barton to join him at West Ham.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is poised to move for the Newcastle midfielder, should the Upton Park side get an offer that meets their £8million valuation of midfield talisman Scott Parker.

Nolan - who Newcastle sold to West Ham in June - insists Barton would be more appreciated in east London than he currently is at St James' Park.

Barton has a year left on his contract, and has been told he can leave the club on a free transfer.

"Would Joey Barton come here? Well, I came here, so I can't see why Joey Barton would not come," said Nolan.

"It is a massive club.

"The way he has been treated over the last couple of years, he is probably looking for an escape.

"He knows I'm here, he knows Sam [who signed Barton for Newcastle in June 2007] is here and what we are about - I can look after him and he can look after me!"

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew admitted last month that skipper Nolan was sold because the club did not believe the 29-year-old had another five years in him at the top level.

Barton and Nolan formed the engine room of the Newcastle side that gained promotion from the Championship two seasons ago.

Nolan added: "It would definitely be good for me. Joey is a great player to play alongside and he is a winner.

"He tells it straight, as people know, but deep down he is a lovely lad and I get on really well with him.

"He would be a great acquisition to the squad if we got him here.

"I'm sure the West Ham fans would love him and the players would come to love him. They [will have] read a lot of things about him - some of them are true, but others are blown out of proportion.

"With Joey, you have got someone [who] when he puts on the shirt, he genuinely wants to win, and he wants to do the best for the club and the players."

I wouldn't really object to him leaving. I think we have too many midfielders in the centre circle who are similar and not enough width. It's only worth him leaving if we get someone like Barnetta in though and that's not happening in a month of Sundays now.