Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's no longer a concern for me, I stopped worrying "Will we replace them with someone as good or better" a long time ago.

Aye, I just notch another off the list of players we've got to register on September 1st.  I've no doubts we'll register 25 players, but think that 1/5 of them will not really need to be on the list.  :undecided:

Maybe Mike Ashley could get one of his staff to change their name to "Sportsdirect.com The UK's Number One" and put them in the squad as the 25th player.

Guest bimpy474

f***ing hell, I'm glad I wasn't on here last night.

By a strange coincidence thats what everyone else was thinking about you    :razz:

;D

Guest bimpy474

By a strange coincidence thats what everyone else was thinking about you    :razz:

;D

Good.

Sorry mate i couldn't resist.....:D

;D

Good.

Was waiting for that kind of response, tbh. Didn't expect it to come so soon!

Guest bimpy474

;D

Good.

I only just come online, first post i read........:)

;D

Good.

What a privilege.

Guest CheickMansour

lastly, there is not fighting spirit and leadership left in this team..... disgrace!

There's no place for that at this club. Drive, ambition, pride, it leads to people standing up to Ashley and that's why it's crushed at every opportunity. Hughton was chosen because he was a humble guy who did what he was told, but through the law of unintended consequences he was a nice enough chap that he created a united dressing room where people would stand up for one another. That was too much power for Ashley's employees to have, so out the door he went.

There's a lot of truth in this tbh.

Guest bimpy474

;D

Good.

What a privilege.

I thought so.

It's the lack of replacement that annoys me as well. I can understand how Ashley has had enough of Barton's antics and wants him out of the club and a persistent problem gone for good, but he must realise that like Barton or not he's a very strong midfielder who we rely on. He will need a similar type of player to replace him if he doesn't want us to feel the adverse effects of him leaving.

If we brought in a quality LB, quality forward, and a quality replacement for Barton then I wouldn't have any problem with him leaving at all, in fact I'd be rather pleased that someone who likes to let his mouth go, is prone to lose his temper etc has gone.

Guest johnson293

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Warnock on Barton : "I'm not getting my hopes up one way or the other." #nufc

3 minutes ago

Still a chance JB could turn down the move, even after a medical?

Here clearly isn't too keen to join them, so maybe he will knock it back, and come back/wait for another offer?

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

3 minutes ago

Here clearly isn't too keen to join them, so maybe he will knock it back, and come back/wait for another offer?

I hope so.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

3 minutes ago

I hope so.

Not sure I do. Would have loved him to stay for the year, but the circus has to stop at some point and can see it all kicking off again in January if he doesn't fuck off now.

Let's be honest, how often does a player, on the day of his medical come out with the line 'I don't want to leave my club, my hands are tied'. It's not a ringing endorsement for the manager of the other club is it? It's pretty obvious Joey's doing everything he can to try and stick around

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

3 minutes ago

I hope so.

Not sure I do. Would have loved him to stay for the year, but the circus has to stop at some point and can see it all kicking off again in January if he doesn't fuck off now.

Like I said though he is still a strong player for us with no indication that he will will be replaced if he does leave. If he went in January it would be better than going now because we would get half a season more out of him rather than nothing.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

3 minutes ago

With any other player and club, no chance.

But with Barton it seems to be a different situation. He seems to really love it up here and probably even Pardew phoned him last night about staying another year and (both) fighting for him to get that new contract after the season.

Guest Roger Kint

Let's be honest, how often does a player, on the day of his medical come out with the line 'I don't want to leave my club, my hands are tied'. It's not a ringing endorsement for the manager of the other club is it? It's pretty obvious Joey's doing everything he can to try and stick around

Could have signed the deal he was close to agreeing aside from 1 extra year if he was that eager to stick around.............

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

3 minutes ago

I hope so.

Like I said though he is still a strong player for us with no indication that he will will be replaced if he does leave. If he went in January it would be better than going now because we would get half a season more out of him rather than nothing.

Half a season extra on the one hand. Every chance his antics will eventually send me loopy on the other.

As I say, it's a tough call. :pow:

Joey Barton's agent has revealed QPR boss Neil Warnock has been chasing the Newcastle midfielder ever since they won promotion.

Barton is on the verge of a move to Loftus Road after holding talks and undergoing a medical at the Premier League new boys.

Former Manchester City star Barton is available on a free transfer from Newcastle after he was placed on the transfer list following his outspoken remarks about the club on social networking sites.

Barton's representative, Willie McKay, confirmed the player was impressed by QPR's plans after speaking to new owner Tony Fernandes about the move.

"After Queens Park Rangers got promoted Neil Warnock called me and asked me the situation with Joey and of course when Joey was rewarded with a free transfer by Newcastle he came on right away," McKay told Sky Sports News.

"Joey spoke to (chief executive) Phil Beard and spoke to Tony Fernandes, via phone and liked what he had to say and I am sure there is going to be a few more signings for Queens Park Rangers.

"Obviously it is a big wrench for Joey [to leave Newcastle] as he loved it up there and obviously he will miss all the supporters and all his team-mates.

"Time moves on, you just have to move on. Newcastle have got their plans and Joey has got his.

"Joey is very confident he can do very, very well for Queens Park Rangers I think he is a top signing for them."