Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

'Bartons's greedy, Keegan's greedy, Shearer's greedy, Nolan's greedy, Carroll's greedy, Enrique's greedy...la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la not listening' ad f***ing infinitum.

Barton - Left for a much bigger wage than he merits

Keegan - The club were proven wrong here

Shearer - Contract was up, he hadn't exactly shown signs of being much of a manager to get us up, don't see an issue here.

Nolan - Left for a much bigger wage and length contract than he merits.

Carroll - We got a lot more than his market value, he got a massive payrise, joined a bigger club.

Enrique - Wouldn't sign new contract, joined a bigger club.

Nothing to do with the club then? Thought not...

Your seeing it black and white, as many have said there is blame on all sides, your just ranting away, you have some valid points but they are being lost in your anger.

Okay, let's take Barton. The board in a fit of pique put a valuable member of the team on what is essentially a free transfer. Nolan I wouldn't have given the length of contract, but his comments about promises made sound depressingly familiar. Keegan was vindicated by an industrial injuries tribunal. Enrique may well have refused to sign a new contract but had made it abundantly clear that he believed the club lacked ambition. The Carroll deal moneywise was a very good deal, but is looking less like one every day without an adequate strikeforce. Shearer presumably wanted more than ju-ju beans and a curly-wurly as his transfer budget (or wanted £700 million for Messi et al depending who you believe).

So no, it's not black and white, but with every exit through the door the ringing chimes of 'mercenary' or 'greedy' is as disheartening as it is groundhog day-esque. Yes, everyone knows footballers can be greedy and arseholes to boot, but I'd wager that the underlying problem is more to do with Ashley's complete and utter lack of ambition. And again, although there's nothing you or I can do about that does not make it right or acceptable. The t***'s making supporting this club a sufferance than a labour of love.

Agree with most of what you put there mate, Carroll is the only one i blame more than any other, he only just signed a new contract, hears of Liverpools interest and asked for more, i made the board right on that one, Nolan again i think they made the right decision, not sure about how it was handled, Barton didn't need to muck about in January when he could have signed but he should not have been allowed to leave for me, Jose was always off for soemone else imo.

Just so happens they have all secured more money elsewhere, not sure that makes them greedy as such, only at Carrolls door would i lay that.

I just dont lay all the blame at dumb and dumbers door, fair chunk but not all of it.

Oh I concur, it would be nonsensical to lay the blame for every single thing that's gone wrong with NUFC, and actually believe it's a sensible thing to try and reduce the wage bill to a manageable level (even though such prudent measures are probably more to do with NUFC being primed for a sale at some point), but seemingly everytime things seem to be going okay at the club he, intentionally or otherwise, sticks his fat, useless oar in and makes a balls up of it - Kinnear, the Keegan fiasco, sports direct signage, re-naming rights, no capital outlay, binning Hughton etc. He's obviously a very successful businessman, but when it comes to running this football club he's like the anti-midas - everything he touches turns to s***.

Oh hell yeah, Ashley does indeed have the f*** things up for no reason gene flowing through him, the man does take idiot to a new level, if only he would just talk to us and some of the flak he gets would ease.

I know he won't and it wouldn't solves all the problems overnight, but I do believe that a lot of ire would be curtailed by appointing someone decent in Dekka's position. Mort was no saint, but at least he communicated every now and then.

Yep and thats why i feel a bit sorry for Pardew, he is really left high and dry answering questions that he should not have to answer because of those two cowards.

'Bartons's greedy, Keegan's greedy, Shearer's greedy, Nolan's greedy, Carroll's greedy, Enrique's greedy...la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la not listening' ad f***ing infinitum.

Barton - Left for a much bigger wage than he merits

Keegan - The club were proven wrong here

Shearer - Contract was up, he hadn't exactly shown signs of being much of a manager to get us up, don't see an issue here.

Nolan - Left for a much bigger wage and length contract than he merits.

Carroll - We got a lot more than his market value, he got a massive payrise, joined a bigger club.

Enrique - Wouldn't sign new contract, joined a bigger club.

Nothing to do with the club then? Thought not...

Your seeing it black and white, as many have said there is blame on all sides, your just ranting away, you have some valid points but they are being lost in your anger.

Okay, let's take Barton. The board in a fit of pique put a valuable member of the team on what is essentially a free transfer. Nolan I wouldn't have given the length of contract, but his comments about promises made sound depressingly familiar. Keegan was vindicated by an industrial injuries tribunal. Enrique may well have refused to sign a new contract but had made it abundantly clear that he believed the club lacked ambition. The Carroll deal moneywise was a very good deal, but is looking less like one every day without an adequate strikeforce. Shearer presumably wanted more than ju-ju beans and a curly-wurly as his transfer budget (or wanted £700 million for Messi et al depending who you believe).

So no, it's not black and white, but with every exit through the door the ringing chimes of 'mercenary' or 'greedy' is as disheartening as it is groundhog day-esque. Yes, everyone knows footballers can be greedy and arseholes to boot, but I'd wager that the underlying problem is more to do with Ashley's complete and utter lack of ambition. And again, although there's nothing you or I can do about that does not make it right or acceptable. The t***'s making supporting this club a sufferance than a labour of love.

I'm yet to see one person call them greedy or a mercenary btw. Plenty of people understanding why they'd take a payrise in two cases, or join a bigger club in the other two.

You only need to look at previous posts on this very forum to see Enrique, Carroll and Nolan having those very same epiphets tossed in their general direction, liberally or otherwise. Again though, it's missing the underlying reason why - Ashley has no ambition for this club and seemingly could not care less where the club finishes as long as we avoid relegation.

And yet two of those players are quite happy to join a recently relegated team, and a team who'll be lucky to survive...cool.

Which reinforces my point - they'd rather join such clubs that at least have a sliver of ambition than stay at a club they know, or at least feel, won't be going anywhere. No alarms and no suprises, as Mr Yorke once opined.

I'll bet you £50 that QPR & West Ham don't finish above Newcastle for as long as Barton & Nolan are there.

As long as Warlock Warnock and Easter Island noggin are in charge of those respective clubs, I wouldn't even bet you a pair of orthopaedic shoes that even Norwich won't finish ahead of them. If you're going to question the stature or current staus of the clubs they've joined or about to join, what on earth does that say about us? It's the equivalent of your lass finishing you for a speccy 18 stone geek with a WOW obsession, laughing heartily at him then thinking to yourself, 'hang on...'

These ambitious clubs have managers that won't progress them? Hmm surely ambitious clubs won't accept that? ???

And who's to say they'll last long there? As long as Ashley remains in charge of NUFC this club will get nowhere. The model was Arsenal, now we're Wigan Athletic with a cold breeze.

See these 'dramatic' over reactions make any debates pointless. First we are less ambitious than West Ham and QPR, now are are the new Wigan. Next we will be the team Stevenage dreaded they could become or the place Luton fought against becoming.

We have players like Krul, Colo, Taylor, Williamson, Marveaux, Jonas, Cabaye, Gosling, Obertan, Tiote, Ba, Ben Arfa etc.. who would walk into these "ambitious" sides (and I have missed a few), in fact they would w*** themselves to death to get a sniff of a few of them because they would never get a chance.

A lot really put us down and have little respect for a lot of the fantastic players we have attracted despite out horrendous lack of ambition.

And how do we now how the likes of Marveaux will adapt (Cabaye even, although he does look the business and have high hopes for the handsome get)? Ben Arfa's fitness? Gosling's? Obertan's ability to look up when running?  That's the frustrating thing as potentially we have the makings of a good team but the man in charge is either unwilling or unable to try and push on and get the requisite players in. Aside from the top 6-7, there is much of a muchness which NUFC should be aiming for (top 8, that is).

I think it's a bit rich to assume that Barton and Nolan wouldn't have taken similar wages for modest extentions to their contracts without taking into account all of the other s*** that's clearly went on here.

Nolan was promised a certain deal in early-ish 2011 and that promise was broken and an entirely different offer was made in the summer.  Barton wasn't signing his deal so the club took the huff and publically withdrew it, later making him available for a free transfer.

People saying "Barton/Nolan have been given a 5 year deal on £60k a week, we could never match that" are totally missing the point.  We don't necessarily need to have matched what they've now been given.  A bit of honesty, respect and even charm in negotiations would have went a long way, but our board don't possess these attributes.  Completely fed up with the classless way the club conducts itself.

:thup:

If offered 81k in two months time, Barton would come back - under some of the logic in here.

If we'd offered Barton £80k a week in May even for 3 years he'd have snapped our hands off. I also bet if we'd given Nolan the same deal West Ham have offered he'd have signed it, and we'd not have heard a peep of "no ambition" out of the two.

If we'd spent the £35m from Andy Carroll on Aguero, we wouldn't be complaining about lack of ambition from the club. What's your point?

Clearly QPR and West Ham have gone for players who were pretty instumental to our season last year.  Ambitious?  We on the other hand have sold four of our best players and weakened the squad.  Ambitious?  And before we get on the HBA and Marveaux train, I'll wait until they've both managed 25 games without doing a Dyer. I'm intrigued to see who in the side is going to get 10 goals or more this season. 

Ba, will bet anything you want on that?

I think it's a bit rich to assume that Barton and Nolan wouldn't have taken similar wages for modest extentions to their contracts without taking into account all of the other shit that's clearly went on here.

Nolan was promised a certain deal in early-ish 2011 and that promise was broken and an entirely different offer was made in the summer.  Barton wasn't signing his deal so the club took the huff and publically withdrew it, later making him available for a free transfer.

People saying "Barton/Nolan have been given a 5 year deal on £60k a week, we could never match that" are totally missing the point.  We don't necessarily need to have matched what they've now been given.  A bit of honesty, respect and even charm in negotiations would have went a long way, but our board don't possess these attributes.  Completely fed up with the classless way the club conducts itself.

I think Ashley and Llambias are cunts. But, I wonder if they act this way because they view everybody in the entire business as cunts? We all know the owners, agents, journalists and the majority of players in this business are absolute pricks - so I wonder if these 2 don't feel the need to give anybody any form of respect or class but just crash around being cunts to everybody?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see the way some of the people involved in the game go on behind close doors.

Of course they do man. The majority of people in the business are cunts. You've nailed it mate. Include supporters in that as well though.

I think it's a bit rich to assume that Barton and Nolan wouldn't have taken similar wages for modest extentions to their contracts without taking into account all of the other shit that's clearly went on here.

They are over the hill has beens relying on the likes of you to get a final pay day. What' difficult to understand about that? Luckily we didn't fall for it. Get lost and good luck to the pair of them.

I think it's a bit rich to assume that Barton and Nolan wouldn't have taken similar wages for modest extentions to their contracts without taking into account all of the other s*** that's clearly went on here.

Nolan was promised a certain deal in early-ish 2011 and that promise was broken and an entirely different offer was made in the summer.  Barton wasn't signing his deal so the club took the huff and publically withdrew it, later making him available for a free transfer.

People saying "Barton/Nolan have been given a 5 year deal on £60k a week, we could never match that" are totally missing the point.  We don't necessarily need to have matched what they've now been given.  A bit of honesty, respect and even charm in negotiations would have went a long way, but our board don't possess these attributes.  Completely fed up with the classless way the club conducts itself.

If offered 81k in two months time, Barton would come back - under some of the logic in here.

If we'd offered Barton £80k a week in May even for 3 years he'd have snapped our hands off. I also bet if we'd given Nolan the same deal West Ham have offered he'd have signed it, and we'd not have heard a peep of "no ambition" out of the two.

If we'd spent the £35m from Andy Carroll on Aguero, we wouldn't be complaining about lack of ambition from the club. What's your point?

My point is, we're hearing these two saying they left because of ambition and what not, yet had we offered the excessive contracts they're now on, I bet we'd not have heard a thing mentioned.

I'd have actually questioned NUFC's ambition btw if we'd given those contracts to the two. They were good, but nowhere near that good.

if you believe the sun Barton is hopeful the club turns around last minute and offers him a new deal

Not going to happen unfortunately.

He could delay his medical by walking there very slowly.... :shifty:

My point is, we're hearing these two saying they left because of ambition and what not, yet had we offered the excessive contracts they're now on, I bet we'd not have heard a thing mentioned.

I'd have actually questioned NUFC's ambition btw if we'd given those contracts.

Except aside from the ambition comments, Nolan's main complaint was about shaking on a deal and having it withdrawn and Barton has complained about not being given a deal.

If we'd given them big deals, they wouldn't need to complain about not getting deals...

I'd have actually questioned NUFC's ambition btw if we'd given those contracts.

Except aside from the ambition comments, Nolan's main complaint was about shaking on a deal and having it withdrawn and Barton has complained about not being given a deal.

If we'd given them big deals, they wouldn't need to complain about not getting deals...

But they're meant to have left because of ambition not what's been offered at other clubs haven't they?

Ah fuck this I'm tired I'm probably not explaining myself well. Going to have a wank and sleep. Night babes. x

Our ambition would be shown by keeping our key player (s) nolan excluded, not been on this wage-cutting mission that golfmag suggested yonks ago. and his integrity is backed up by suggesting ashley could be an absolute cunt as he first took over

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lerl at Barton and Nolan been over the hill like

Alright i give up at my age, what does LERL mean please ?

:)

its how someone from Ashington 'lols'

They are over the hill has beens relying on the likes of you to get a final pay day.

:lol: 2 of our best players over the last 2 seasons and permanent fixtures in our first team.  Even if they were being phased out they're far better squad players than Alan Smith and Ryan Taylor.  And "people like me?" :lol:

What' difficult to understand about that?

One of the biggest divs on the forum trying to patronise me about my understanding of NUFC.  This is a low.

Guest Chuey_toon

£50million in the transfer kitty, £4.3million spent!!

Just ridiculous!!

And news about Joey going, yeah it's all about money, this that and this, but at the end of the day we have that much in the piggy, and we get free transfers!!

Everyone says wait for it, excited for whats to come etc etc, but the amount we're players we're getting rid of, we have NO-ONE lined up!! No matter what people say, have we had a centre mid to replace with Barton? Has Pardew known all along he was going?? Bull!!

We're losing players, and our best ones at that, Joeys been our top player, gone!!

And the amount of time we've had to replace, nearly up!! Now its going to be rush buys or none!!

This is getting repetitive and ridiculous and getting sick of it!!

Guest bimpy474

Lerl at Barton and Nolan been over the hill like

Alright i give up at my age, what does LERL mean please ?

:)

its how someone from Ashington 'lols'

Ahhh thank you sir.

You do realise you could have told me anything and i wouldn't have had a clue if its true or not :D

Must admit I've got less of a problem seeing Barton and Nolan leave than I have of seeing Enrique and Carroll leave. Mostly due to their respective ages and wages.

Barton and Nolan are getting on a bit, have the best years of their careers behind them and are were on pretty big money. Giving them extensions (on their current terms or better) would have been mad. I'll admit that we could have been a bit more flexible when trying to keep them on but if they had dug their heels in and not been willing to take a cut in wages then fair enough - it's lunacy to pay older players massive money.

Carroll and Enrique are different. They're much younger, they've got the best years of their career ahead of them. Giving them a big money contract would have been more appropriate. We should have been building the team around these 2.

Guest bimpy474

I'm guessing 'lol' bimpy, but I may be wrong, I taxed it off of someone on here :lol:

I assume you're on a wind up TRon, so i'll not bite anymore.

O0

Must admit I've got less of a problem seeing Barton and Nolan leave than I have of seeing Enrique and Carroll leave. Mostly due to their respective ages and wages.

Barton and Nolan are getting on a bit, have the best years of their careers behind them and are were on pretty big money. Giving them extensions (on their current terms or better) would have been mad. I'll admit that we could have been a bit more flexible when trying to keep them on but if they had dug their heels in and not been willing to take a cut in wages then fair enough - it's lunacy to pay older players massive money.

Carroll and Enrique are different. They're much younger, they've got the best years of their career ahead of them. Giving them a big money contract would have been more appropriate. We should have been building the team around these 2.

If anything we should have been fucking the first two off to keep the latter. No, though, just get rid of all 4!  :troll:

If anything we should have been fucking the first two off to keep the latter. No, though, just get rid of all 4!  :troll:

I'd go along with that. It's pretty reckless.

If anything we should have been f***ing the first two off to keep the latter. No, though, just get rid of all 4!  :troll:

All 4 going is hard to stomach :harry: