Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: "On behalf of everyone at Newcastle United we wish to thank Joey for his on-field contributions to the team and we wish him every success for his future at Queens Park Rangers."

The f***ing brass neck on that c***. :lol:

No comment like that for any other player we've sold this summer.

Sorry mate you got there first.

Anybody who thinks he's an NUFC legend needs a slap.

To be fair only David28 has been on that embarrassing level

Never said he's a legend. Show me the post with the word "legend" and you'll be the winner.

Show me where i accused you of saying that word you mentalist? Were the tears clouding the words 'on that level'?

Eh, mentalist? Sorry, don't get it.

Again, I've never said the word "legend" about Joey Barton and never would. He's been a great player and one of my personal (probably even all time) favourites. Not a legend. Just wanted to put that right.

There was nothing to put right, nobody has accused you of saying legend man get a grip

Fair enought then.

Allthough you've said that I've been the only one on that "embarrassing level" to say he's a legend. :lol:

The ambition of the Club really impressed me.

Not a lot else to say really.

Didn't Marveaux, Cabaye and Ba say the exact same thing?

They have no idea what they're coming into. Probably assume it's a normal club. :laugh:

Yeah all this bollocks about him being a legend ffs. Robert Lee is a legend in my eyes not someone whose living off the back of one excellent season for us after a series of seasons doing nothing and getting involved with the law. I'm actually pretty glad that the Barton roadshow has left town in many ways, bored of it. That said he's done the job for us and we are now weakened even more with his departure which is frustrating/annoying.

Some people need to move on from this though.

Guest Roger Kint

Anybody who thinks he's an NUFC legend needs a slap.

To be fair only David28 has been on that embarrassing level

Never said he's a legend. Show me the post with the word "legend" and you'll be the winner.

Show me where i accused you of saying that word you mentalist? Were the tears clouding the words 'on that level'?

Eh, mentalist? Sorry, don't get it.

Again, I've never said the word "legend" about Joey Barton and never would. He's been a great player and one of my personal (probably even all time) favourites. Not a legend. Just wanted to put that right.

There was nothing to put right, nobody has accused you of saying legend man get a grip

Fair enought then.

Allthough you've said that I've been the only one on that "embarrassing level" to say he's a legend. :lol:

You have been embarrassing in this thread yes

'I've had a number of phone calls, bits of interest and people making enquiries, "Would you go here? Would you do this? Would you do that?", because that's the nature of the game, that's the nature of the beast.

'I don't want to leave the football club. My family is settled in the area, I love living in Newcastle. I have got a great working relationship with everyone at the football club, and that's from playing staff to coaching staff to people who work in the training ground to catering staff, everyone.

'I love being at the club and I've got no ambition to leave.

'If someone came in, for instance, hypothetically and offered me Champion's League football, then whether I had signed a five, six, seven-year deal at Newcastle, I'd have to consider it.

'But that's not the case at the minute and as far as I'm concerned, unless someone comes in and can offer me the opportunity to play at the next level, which is obviously the Champions League, then for me it's a no-brainer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004308/Joey-Barton-Id-leave-Newcastle-Champions-League-club.html#ixzz1W9Jw56SO

While i understand he didn't have much of a choice does this not make him a liar ?

This was from June. He probably didn't knew what his situation would be come end of August.

He's not a liar. He's a bullshitter. Subtle difference. At the time, he probably believes what he's saying.

Yeah all this bollocks about him being a legend ffs. Robert Lee is a legend in my eyes not someone whose living off the back of one excellent season for us after a series of seasons doing nothing and getting involved with the law. I'm actually pretty glad that the Barton roadshow has left town in many ways, bored of it. That said he's done the job for us and we are now weakened even more with his departure which is frustrating/annoying.

Was it excellent? Certainly first half could be argued that it was, second half was average at best.

Ok, his prison sentence etc.  :undecided: We took him under the clubs wing and he has repaid that loyalty - he got his wages though, yeah?

Hi fought the owners?!?!? By that I presume you mean he publically criticised them then yes, he did that. - in most FTSE 100 companies, that would be instant dismissal, we are nowhere near that, yet he stays on money way above the salaries of those same FTSE 100 companies  = he should think himself lucky.

He shows passion, he screams at players for s*** passes, but that's part of football. It's good for football. He always ends up joking with people - even the opposition who stamp on him ffs! = part of the job he is paid for

...... it's not worth me going on. As I said, good riddance!

To clarify, nobody on here has said he's a legend. You're arguing against Twitter mongs, might as well try knitting fog.

Guest bimpy474

'I've had a number of phone calls, bits of interest and people making enquiries, "Would you go here? Would you do this? Would you do that?", because that's the nature of the game, that's the nature of the beast.

'I don't want to leave the football club. My family is settled in the area, I love living in Newcastle. I have got a great working relationship with everyone at the football club, and that's from playing staff to coaching staff to people who work in the training ground to catering staff, everyone.

'I love being at the club and I've got no ambition to leave.

'If someone came in, for instance, hypothetically and offered me Champion's League football, then whether I had signed a five, six, seven-year deal at Newcastle, I'd have to consider it.

'But that's not the case at the minute and as far as I'm concerned, unless someone comes in and can offer me the opportunity to play at the next level, which is obviously the Champions League, then for me it's a no-brainer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004308/Joey-Barton-Id-leave-Newcastle-Champions-League-club.html#ixzz1W9Jw56SO

While i understand he didn't have much of a choice does this not make him a liar ?

This was from June. He probably didn't knew what his situation would be come end of August.

He's not a liar. He's a bullshitter. Subtle difference. At the time, he probably believes what he's saying.

Bullshitter is a polite way of saying liar imo, i think its easier to just say he's a massive massive massive attention seeking drama queen.

Ok, his prison sentence etc.  :undecided: We took him under the clubs wing and he has repaid that loyalty - he got his wages though, yeah?

Hi fought the owners?!?!? By that I presume you mean he publically criticised them then yes, he did that. - in most FTSE 100 companies, that would be instant dismissal, we are nowhere near that, yet he stays on money way above the salaries of those same FTSE 100 companies  = he should think himself lucky.

He shows passion, he screams at players for s*** passes, but that's part of football. It's good for football. He always ends up joking with people - even the opposition who stamp on him ffs! = part of the job he is paid for

You cannot earn while in prison, so no we didn't pay him.

They would have been well within their rights to sack him when he got sent down, so I don't think the club owes Joey Barton anything at all. He has played well for a small amount of the time he's been here.

We could do with him this season for sure, but beyond that I'm not sad to see him go.

You cannot earn while in prison, so no we didn't pay him.

He was paid, he was ready to go to court to make sure he did.