Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I just think personally that it will be embarrassing on our fans behalf if his name gets sung. He had 1 good season here, ONE. Before that 3 where he bled the club dry and dragged its reputation through the mud.

He's not a club legend, not even close infact. The fact he fell out with the cunts and then pissed off to QPR shouldn't make him some kind of Geordie martyr. He's got half the fanbase in the palm of his hand as far as I'm concerned.

Respectful clapping and a cheer if he comes over to our support, nowt more. Support our boys on the pitch, not the ex-player for the other team.

Little rascal who wanted to stay or nasty Dek & Chubbs? You know what's coming....................

Doesn't stop it being cringeworthy as far as I'm concerned. Like I said it becomes disrespectful to all the excellent servants to the club who got muted/negative/no reception from our support if Joey Barton gets his name sung.

:lol: That's rubbish - the fans have an affiliation with him and if they feel the need to show it/sing it then that's upto them.

The fans at the match bear little resemblance to those on here in my experience.

I just think personally that it will be embarrassing on our fans behalf if his name gets sung. He had 1 good season here, ONE. Before that 3 where he bled the club dry and dragged its reputation through the mud.

He's not a club legend, not even close infact. The fact he fell out with the cunts and then pissed off to QPR shouldn't make him some kind of Geordie martyr. He's got half the fanbase in the palm of his hand as far as I'm concerned.

Respectful clapping and a cheer if he comes over to our support, nowt more. Support our boys on the pitch, not the ex-player for the other team.

Little rascal who wanted to stay or nasty Dek & Chubbs? You know what's coming....................

Doesn't stop it being cringeworthy as far as I'm concerned. Like I said it becomes disrespectful to all the excellent servants to the club who got muted/negative/no reception from our support if Joey Barton gets his name sung.

:lol: That's rubbish - the fans have an affiliation with him and if they feel the need to show it/sing it then that's upto them.

The fans at the match bear little resemblance to those on here in my experience.

I think his affiliation with our support is overplayed and his hero status to be over the top for what he contributed to the club. Hence why I'd find it cringeworthy.

I find that fans at the match and those on here both have a wide range of contrasting opinions. For example, the lad that sits infront of me fucking hates Joey Barton whereas our resident German would probably have his children if medically possible.

I think his affiliation with our support is overplayed and his hero status to be over the top for what he contributed to the club. Hence why I'd find it cringeworthy.

I find that fans at the match and those on here both have a wide range of contrasting opinions. For example, the lad that sits infront of me fucking hates Joey Barton whereas our resident German would probably have his children if medically possible.

Tis a game of opinions.

You'll have to tell the lad in front to boo loudly when we play QPR at home to make his opinion heard then because he'll be drowned out by those cheering imho.

FWIW, and you can say what you like about JB, it's never at any stage made any sense to get rid of him for nothing.

Something else which would have irked the away following and probably majority of home too.

Have already said on here what a nonsensical and petty decision it was to fuck him off for free. I think the unrelenting worship of a half decent player who had one good season at the club purely because he fell out with the board sums up the sorry state our football club finds itself in, to be perfectly honest. People are so desperate to stick it to the board that they'll latch onto a fist pumping scouser who in the cold light of day (and I say this despite enjoying his outspoken character) is driven solely for personal gain and is probably a bit of a cunt.

Agree with that.

Agree with that.

:thup:

and this (although it's cold LIGHT of day isn't it? :D )

Have already said on here what a nonsensical and petty decision it was to fuck him off for free. I think the unrelenting worship of a half decent player who had one good season at the club purely because he fell out with the board sums up the sorry state our football club finds itself in, to be perfectly honest. People are so desperate to stick it to the board that they'll latch onto a fist pumping scouser who in the cold heart of day (and I say this despite enjoying his outspoken character) is driven solely for personal gain and is probably a bit of a cunt.

Sewelly sums up my thoughts perfectly.

12 months ago people would have been happy to give the lad away for free, obviously since then he has more than proved his worth but that doesn't change the fact it's one season, 25% of his time here. Players who have given far more have had far, far more stick.

Brainfart moment.

I was waiting patiently for you to agree with my posts btw. Knew you'd like them.  :banana2:

Great minds and all that.

Ok my agreement probably knocks some credibility off your posts but they're good enough to withstand it  :laugh:

Agree with that.

:thup:

and this (although it's cold LIGHT of day isn't it? :D )

Have already said on here what a nonsensical and petty decision it was to fuck him off for free. I think the unrelenting worship of a half decent player who had one good season at the club purely because he fell out with the board sums up the sorry state our football club finds itself in, to be perfectly honest. People are so desperate to stick it to the board that they'll latch onto a fist pumping scouser who in the cold heart of day (and I say this despite enjoying his outspoken character) is driven solely for personal gain and is probably a bit of a cunt.

Sewelly sums up my thoughts perfectly.

12 months ago people would have been happy to give the lad away for free, obviously since then he has more than proved his worth but that doesn't change the fact it's one season, 25% of his time here. Players who have given far more have had far, far more stick.

And mine.

I'm reminded of Mike's comment in La Meme Fred

We've all got to be the same person living multiple lives simultaneously or some shit.

Guest Randy Savage

Barton is, was and will always be an arsehole. You're well rid in my opinion. He's a liability and court case waiting to happen, and no amount of his wikipedia searches for interesting shit to tweet will convince me otherwise.

Guest hobshobs

Arguments months ago about how we treat Carroll at Anfield, now about how we treat Barton at QPR on Monday.

We have a bunch of morons who sing the praises of one of the most useless players to ever wear the Toon shirt. And when the gentleman concerned gets a two year contract extension in the summer many are up in arms.

Personally I'd shake hands with both Carroll and Barton and thank them for all their efforts. Shola, well, keeping my feelings restrained, lets just say his arse should have been booted out of NUFC years ago.

Tis a game of opinions.

You'll have to tell the lad in front to boo loudly when we play QPR at home to make his opinion heard then because he'll be drowned out by those cheering imho.

FWIW, and you can say what you like about JB, it's never at any stage made any sense to get rid of him for nothing.

Something else which would have irked the away following and probably majority of home too.

Fans are entitled to have their heroes, and if ours want to make one of Joey Barton fine. The fans can think he was worth £6m if they like but that doesn't change the fact that no decent club was willing to pay money for him. In fact no decent club was even willing to take him for free, otherwise I'm sure he wouldn't have picked QPR as his club of choice. There's the cold hard reality.

:lol:

Booing ex players it more about trying to unsettle them and put them off their game, its not about a real hatred its about gaining any small advantage possible.

If giving Barton grief on Monday night unsettles him and makes him have a poor game or gets him sent off therefore helping us to win the match then thats all that matters.

Tis a game of opinions.

Fans are entitled to have their heroes, and if ours want to make one of Joey Barton fine. The fans can think he was worth £6m if they like but that doesn't change the fact that no decent club was willing to pay money for him. In fact no decent club was even willing to take him for free, otherwise I'm sure he wouldn't have picked QPR as his club of choice. There's the cold hard reality.

:lol: Where did I say anything about the 'cold hard reality'?

I'm suggesting he'll not get any stick on Monday.........that's what the discussion was about.

Booing ex players it more about trying to unsettle them and put them off their game, its not about a real hatred its about gaining any small advantage possible.

If giving Barton grief on Monday night unsettles him and makes him have a poor game or gets him sent off therefore helping us to win the match then thats all that matters.

Yeah, I think Barton will be really really nervous getting boos from some away fans, after having received booing in almost every away game he's played for the last years.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think Barton will be really really nervous getting boos from some away fans, after having received booing in almost every away game he's played for the last years.  :rolleyes:

I never said it would work but just saying why he would be boo'd.. rather hear our fans boo him than cheer for him thats for sure.

I never said it would work but just saying why he would be boo'd.. rather hear our fans boo him than cheer for him thats for sure.

I can see the "One Joey Barton" chant appear rathern than any boos. Could be really wrong here obviously, though.

I can see the "One Joey Barton" chant appear rathern than any boos. Could be really wrong here obviously, though.

Sadly so can I.. fkn hate it if they sing that.