Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nah, he was very much part of the comeback over the last two years and he deserves credit for that. I'll not give him a standing ovation if he returns to SJP, but he'll get a polite clap.

Nah, he was very much part of the comeback over the last two years and he deserves credit for that. I'll not give him a standing ovation if he returns to SJP, but he'll get a polite clap.

Same, I won't be going OTT either wayn on Monday.

Will be interesting to hear our lot's general reaction, reckon it could be mixed.

Will be interesting to hear our lot's general reaction, reckon it could be mixed.

He'll most definitely get booed.  Football fans are far too fickle on the whole.

He'll most definitely get booed.  Football fans are far too fickle on the whole.

I don't think he'll get booed at all

Same. Get a decent cheer IMO.

Same. Get a decent cheer IMO.

:nods:

Guest icemanblue

No. Big difference between people on here and those at games, mate.

No. Big difference between people on here and those at games, mate.

Bang on.

He relates to those in the real world who have an affinity with the guy.

There's no way he'll get a bad reception off our fans.

There's been many, many players who have done a lot more for the club who didn't get their names sung upon return.

Thats as maybe but the fans relate to him because he's a rascal who fell out with the board.

He'll get a very good reception, like it or not.

Guest icemanblue

There's been many, many players who have done a lot more for the club who didn't get their names sung upon return.

Aye, he won't get booed though. No chance.

I just think personally that it will be embarrassing on our fans behalf if his name gets sung. He had 1 good season here, ONE. Before that 3 where he bled the club dry and dragged its reputation through the mud.

He's not a club legend, not even close infact. The fact he fell out with the cunts and then pissed off to QPR shouldn't make him some kind of Geordie martyr. He's got half the fanbase in the palm of his hand as far as I'm concerned.

Respectful clapping and a cheer if he comes over to our support, nowt more. Support our boys on the pitch, not the ex-player for the other team.

I just think personally that it will be embarrassing on our fans behalf if his name gets sung. He had 1 good season here, ONE. Before that 3 where he bled the club dry and dragged its reputation through the mud.

He's not a club legend, not even close infact. The fact he fell out with the cunts and then pissed off to QPR shouldn't make him some kind of Geordie martyr. He's got half the fanbase in the palm of his hand as far as I'm concerned.

Respectful clapping and a cheer if he comes over to our support, nowt more. Support our boys on the pitch, not the ex-player for the other team.

Little rascal who wanted to stay or nasty Dek & Chubbs? You know what's coming....................

Little rascal who wanted to stay or nasty Dek & Chubbs? You know what's coming....................

Doesn't stop it being cringeworthy as far as I'm concerned. Like I said it becomes disrespectful to all the excellent servants to the club who got muted/negative/no reception from our support if Joey Barton gets his name sung.