Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

A lot of what he says is spot on but it won't help or change a thing. The player comments are distatesful at best and he just needs to let it go.

His "doing it for the Geordie faithful" has fooled a lot of people though, anyone thinking he isn't all about himself are as deluded as those who think Ashley is ambitious.

going completely off the point, did i read somewhere that steve bruce had instructed any mackem who scored against us this season to do the chicken dance? in that case Sewelly, can we please see a slight variation to your avatar? perhaps with a sad looking steve bruce head?

:lol:

Maybe if I can be bothered.

Guest Rainforest

Be interesting to see the reaction if QPR finish above us.

Building further on Daves comment  here, how many signings away from finishing above us do you reckon QPR are?

They have been quite the busy bees, whereas we went to bed early.

There would be a number revelling in the "I told you so" anyway. If they finish above us we have fucked up massively because our squad is far better than theirs.

Building further on Daves comment  here, how many signing away from finishing above us do you reckon QPR are?

Would any of their signings get in our team?

Building further on Daves comment  here, how many signing away from finishing above us do you reckon QPR are?

You can sign as many players as you want but if they are all shit then you aren't going to get far.

Their best defender is Anton Ferdinand?

A lot of what he says is spot on but it won't help or change a thing. The player comments are distatesful at best and he just needs to let it go.

His "doing it for the Geordie faithful" has fooled a lot of people though, anyone thinking he isn't all about himself are as deluded as those who think Ashley is ambitious.

fwiw, i dont buy the geordie nation stuff either. just think he's not doing anything that the board aren't doing themselves to a much higher degree in terms of unsettling players

fwiw, i dont buy the geordie nation stuff either. just think he's not doing anything that the board aren't doing themselves to a much higher degree in terms of unsettling players

Don't disagree with that, which is why with the board we have we don't need a player who apparently cares sticking his oar in too.

Guest Rainforest

Not one of their players would get into our first team.

Be interesting to see the reaction if QPR beat us.

./davemode off

:lol:

Don't disagree with that, which is why with the board we have we don't need a player who apparently cares sticking his oar in too.

they've made us pretty vulnerable then eh? depressing. if only the supporters were willing or able enough to stick their own oars in.

Even if they do beat us I think they'll go down. I said months ago I reckoned they would finish rock bottom, their signings have given them a chance but I don't think they'll stay up. Maybe if they get a few more in January, but that hardly saved West Ham.

Barton is the only one.

Whenever HBA gets fit and Marvaux and Obertan settle in, with Jonas,Tiote and Cabaye doing well, Ferguson, Vukic and Sammy knocking on the door, Joey would not have been an automatic choice this season.

Good player, big heart sure, but there was one stand out fixture that we needed him for this season and fortunately he played in it before leaving.

I'll save judgement until about 10-15 games in on that. As it stands I would have him starting for us.

Don't get me wrong so would I, I just don't think he'd have been an automatic choice any longer with the competition in there.

At QPR he'll probably get to pick the team.

Guest Rainforest

Agreed, so far Obertan and Marveaux havent convinced me they are better fotballers.

I actually think Abeid could become better than both. The lad is dripping with potential, hopefully we will see more of hm.

Building further on Daves comment  here, how many signings away from finishing above us do you reckon QPR are?

:lol: Apart from Barton, at a push, I'd have none of their entire squad players, let alone their 75 new signings! It's not the quantity mate, it's the quality and you know that i'm sure.

Guest Rainforest

Building further on Daves comment  here, how many signings away from finishing above us do you reckon QPR are?

:lol: Apart from Barton, at a push, I'd have none of their entire squad players, let alone their 75 new signings! It's not the quantity mate, it's the quality and you know that i'm sure.

I know, just playing the devils advocate here :lol:

they've made us pretty vulnerable then eh? depressing. if only the supporters were willing or able enough to stick their own oars in.

I think people have gotten the impression I am sticking up for the board? I really, really am not :lol: They are a bunch of cunts and I want them gone as much as anyone.

My problem isn't because Joey is slagging off my precious board, it's because he is putting the CLUB in a bad light and stirring shit. He is also having digs at new players which goes against everything he claims about loving the club, fans etc..

What he is doing has a small chance of doing some harm but no chance of doing anything good. The board have their "plan" and an ex player slagging them off in the press won't change that. They have been through much worse and persisted so he just needs to get over his bitterness.

If for one minute I genuinely believed his rants were an attempt to do something for the Geordie Nation I would probably still feel they were a stupid idea but would appreciate the sentiment. Fact is though, I don't think it's anything about us, it's just a useful excuse to get us on his side and help his bitter crusade.

So basically, he needs to just shut up and show some respect for the fans of the club he is currently at, I would imagine the majority probably find it a little amsuing at the moment however I would be surprised if a few don't think "Hey Joey, what about us, huh?" and if he continues I would imagine this numbers grows.

Let's not forget "man of the people" Joey Barton wouldn't come here until we paid his loyalty bonus that Man City decided he wasn't owed due to him assaulting one of their players. He got a bloody good wage here and is getting an even better one there (paid more than the likes of Modric etc isn't he?) so as much as he is probably more down to earth than most players he isn't the salt of the earth, just wants to play football bloke he portrays.