Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If I'd given up drinking, I think I'd have given up nightclubs too. Never not going to attract trouble is Joey

When I gave up drugs I gave up nightclubs, couldn't imagine entering one sober.

If I'd given up drinking, I think I'd have given up nightclubs too. Never not going to attract trouble is Joey

:thup: Whether he means to or not, it's not like he helps himself to avoid this stuff.

He's a dickhead, who cares? When his career is over he'll have to resort to more extreme measures than picking on kids and kneeing players from behind to get some attention. I just really hope he picks on the wrong person one day.

He's a dickhead, who cares? When his career is over he'll have to resort to more extremes to get some attention. I just really hope he picks on the wrong person one day.

I'm sure he didn't have it in midn to get some attention the moment 2 people chanted something bad about him. Just a reaction, a reaction that shouldn't have been a reaction.

to think I was advocating giving him a new contract after the first derby of last season, woops  :lol:

Yeah, so wrong. :rolleyes:

He's been a great player for us that time and he's been error free that time.

Unrelated to his latest bit of handbags at dawn, but I couldn't believe that when he was throwing his twitter tantrum last summer - about the club lacking ambition and selling off the best players - people actually believed he had the club's best interests at heart. The player is not a boyhood supporter of the club, is not from the region, didn't begin his career here, had only been here a handful of years; 10 out of 10 times he's just looking out for his own interests. At least Nolan had the decency to leave with relatively little fuss when he wasn't offered the contract he wanted.

to think I was advocating giving him a new contract after the first derby of last season, woops  :lol:

Yeah, so wrong. :rolleyes:

He's been a great player for us that time and he's been error free that time.

You what?

Have to say, thought with "last season", he meant the 2010/2011 season, the 5-1 where Joey bossed the game. :lol:

It's well documented that I wanted him to stay even after the first derby of the 2011/2012 season. I've admitted some time ago that I've been wrong there, though.

Guest guinness_fiend

Hope his career is over tbh. 

I'd give him five years before he descends into alcoholism and/or gets arrested.