Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whether he's good enough for the Premiership or not, and his overall game probably means he's not, I don't see how people like madras can disregard what he did last season. Our most consistent midfielder by a mile.

routledge would take that title.

edit. last season i criticised our entire central midfield. barton has shown he can do a job, nolan has to some extent, smith andf guthrie haven't changed my mind at all.

Guthrie was just as good from January onwards.

I know he took set pieces but I think it's quite telling then he was comfortably our highest assist contributor overall last season.

Whether he's good enough for the Premiership or not, and his overall game probably means he's not, I don't see how people like madras can disregard what he did last season. Our most consistent midfielder by a mile.

routledge would take that title.

edit. last season i criticised our entire central midfield. barton has shown he can do a job, nolan has to some extent, smith andf guthrie haven't changed my mind at all.

Guthrie was just as good from January onwards.

I know he took set pieces but I think it's quite telling then he was comfortably our highest assist contributor overall last season.

the reason he looked ok to some last season was because he's not alan smith.

Guest Ridzuan

Yup, I would agree with most of you. He looked good last season, totally crap this season. Makes me wonder why we brought him in the first place. If Nolan or Barton was fit, Im sure he wouldnt have started. Hopefully when Dan Gosling returns, he will be able to do a better job than Guthrie.

I think he's just weak mentally tbh.

Always looked to me like there was a good player in there somewhere. Good touch, decent technique and can pick a pass out better than most of our midfielders.

He just doesn't seem to be able to impose himself on games at all though, things just pass him by or even worse, he hides like he did yesterday.

Was a complete waste of a jersey yesterday, no interest in ever seeing him play for us gain.

I have not rated him since he came, and even last season cannot remember coming away from the match thinking that he was class or dominated a game like a centre midfielder should. Our team is so slow and lacks pace that is needed for Premier League

There is some right bollocks being spread in this thread.

Yes, he's crap now. But that doesn't automatically make him crap last year. He did a good job and people shouldn't be blinded by that.

There is some right bollocks being spread in this thread.

Yes, he's crap now. But that doesn't automatically make him crap last year. He did a good job and people shouldn't be blinded by that.

You're right, he did fine last year.

Shak's also right though. Guthrie lacks bollox and you can't coach that into someone.

I wouldn't sell him because we haven't got a player any better in the reserves. I'd be telling him he's a year to grow a pair though or he can move on and play at a lower level.

Guest WashyGeordie

The only thing i remember him doing yesterday (apart from gifting them their second), was to whip in a half-decent ball from one set piece.

God know's what went through his mind with the delivery just before HT.  :dowie:

I think he's just weak mentally tbh.

Always looked to me like there was a good player in there somewhere. Good touch, decent technique and can pick a pass out better than most of our midfielders.

He just doesn't seem to be able to impose himself on games at all though, things just pass him by or even worse, he hides like he did yesterday.

Was a complete waste of a jersey yesterday, no interest in ever seeing him play for us gain.

Thats what i thought too seemed too want to be watching from the dug out than on the pitch ,how can he be so low on confidence after being on a high last season and tbh he probably realises he isnt good enough.

Guest TrueToon

This guy is probably one of the worst players ive seen, Never known a player to practice crossing all week and still never beat the first man EVERY GAME! Everything he does infuriates me, Poor poor player, One decision I could never understand of Hughton's was puttin him in the starting XI..