Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope Gosling steps up next season, he looked good at Everton but has been dissapointing coming back from his injury.

He's only started about 6 games since he joined tbf :lol:

:lol: I know aye its maybe harsh. Its more the fact he never really made that much of an impact on the first team, I woulda liked to have seen him get a few more minutes through the season, it was mostly 5 minutes here and there.

Would like to join others in wishing good luck to Guthrie.  Leaving for the right reasons, needs to be playing games at his age so fair play to the lad.  He'll improve pretty much any team that he joins.

Interesting to see how we replace him, from what they've been saying Amalfitano doesn't sound like a CM, unless they're just expecting Abeid or someone to step up.  Haven't been impressed with Gosling but he's had a long time out and not much game time so I'm not going to write the lad off.

Was one of my favourites TBH. Really like the way he uses the ball.

If a manager can get someone with an engine alongside him, he will be a good player for any side IMO. Interested to see who he joins, Villa perhaps.

Very similar to Danny Murphy TBH.

Always found it ironic that Liverpool let Murphy go, in the last 5 years he would have walked into most Liverpool teams.

Guest VaVaVoom

Would have liked to have kept him as he done well last season and was a good attacking option. He had to move for 1st team football and wish him the ebst of luck. He scored a few great goals for us while he was here.

Gives Abeid, Vuckic, Gosling and the new lad Amalfitano more of a chance.

Getting rid is a real statement of intent for me. We want to be a consistently top 6 club and he is not a consistently top 6 player

We wanted to keep him. However he knows hes behind our top-class centre mids in cabaye and tiote. Hes desperate for first team football, so didnt sign the contract on offer. Not really a statement of intent from the club.

He wants to play every week, we'll have offered wages more in line with someone third in the queue and he's decided not to take it. I don't think there's anything that can be read into it tbh. You could easily argue a statement of intent would be to keep him.

We could have offered him more money and assurances over playing regularly in the team. We chose not to, presumably as we don't think he warrants that. Tantamount to getting rid.

We could have offered him more money and assurances over playing regularly in the team. We chose not to, presumably as we don't think he warrants that. Tantamount to getting rid.

:kinnear:

:kinnear:

?