Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah, I think we'd have sorted out a contract by now. Hope he gets some regular football.

I didn't see Vuckic on the lap of honour either tbf.

Guthrie was fit again and I think he was on the bench a few games ago. The last couple of games he's not been on the bench. Same goes for Leon Best. I don't think I saw Guthrie in the recent training pictures either. Regarding Vuckic, I've heard his latest injury required a knee operation so he's probably on crutches at the moment.

Unless we buy a better player, Guthrie would get plenty of games next season. There's Europe, the FA and Carling cups and cover for Tiote when the African Cup of Nations is on again. That's not even counting any injuries our first choice central midfielders pick up. I prefer Guthrie to Gosling at the moment. Apart from Tiote, Cabaye, Guthrie and Gosling, we haven't really got anybody else who is recognised, out and out central midfielder (apart from youngsters).

We have been heavily linked to Butterfield and Amalfitano.

Well I think we shall just have to sign Butterfield although I know nothing of him.  Simply a must have name for any geordie team. I can hear his chant and nickname ringing out already.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently his official twatter account:

'Massive thank you to all toon fans its been great but I have to be playing first team football, the toon will always be in my heart'

Shame as he's a good backup player but can totally understand his motives and for me leaves with my best wishes. Fingers crossed he makes the right move, Think Swansea would suit his game.

Yeah good luck to the lad, I've never been his biggest fan, but definately stepped up to the plate when called upon this season, solid memeber of the squad. Is certainly good enough to hold down a first team spot in this league, just too much ahead of him here.