Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They may be similar in the amount of time they take on the ball, but you can't compare the footballing brain, creativity and even finishing (at those rare times) of Cabaye to Guthrie.

And vision.

They may be similar in the amount of time they take on the ball, but you can't compare the footballing brain, creativity and even finishing (at those rare times) of Cabaye to Guthrie.

And vision.

:thup: Too true. Guthers hands down every time.

And vision.

Don't think they are too far apart in those aspects really. The biggest difference is off the ball - Guthrie's a liability, whereas Cabaye is a huge asset.

And vision.

Don't think they are too far apart in those aspects really. The biggest difference is off the ball - Guthrie's a liability, whereas Cabaye is a huge asset.

Yohan seems to be a pretty good natural athlete too. Something Danny isn't.

We keep saying Yohan is "better off the ball" but in truth he's simply a more intelligent, disciplined and tactically aware footballer.

Guthrie's a good player but he's not on Cabaye's level.

Cabaye will improve but he's been pretty average for a fair chunk of this season. Far better than that waste of space Nolan, like.

Yep, anonymous for a fair amount. Still think he's class like.

Guest taps01

Very good with the ball but very poor when he doesn't have it. Just to weak to be a top top player. Good squad player though and is a useful option in certain games.

• 3 weeks later...

Well worth keeping him, but I don't think he will want to stay, he's at an age where he needs constant time on the pitch, something he won't get here if we hang on to the boys we already have...

Sorry but it looks like Bye Bye.

I think he will go which is a shame.

We have been heavily linked to Amalfitano (apparently already agreed) and Butterfield (apparently in advanced talks).

With Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling, Abeid, Jonas, Vuckic, Ferguson we already have a lot of midfield options, add one or two of those and we have a lot of options even with European football to contend with.

Think he'll stay for at least another season. Although I guess that depends on how he feels really - if he wants first team football week in, week out, he'll move on to pastures new and that would be understandable. If he's content with his current role, then we'll have a valuable squad member on our hands. We've got Europe to look forward to next season and he is bound to get his run of games (think he'd do well against European opposition actually).

Guest Recoba

Hes gone I reckon.  Never going to be first choice here or paid as such.  Murphy isn't getting any younger so perhaps Fulham, who play football.  Villa has been mentioned.

If Liverpool are skint be would be a step up from Henderson, Shelvey or Spearing.  Dogleash might like him, being brought up in "the liverpool way" and all.

The good thing about Guthrie, is that he can come in and do a job straight away. Gosling, Abeid, and even Vuckic, for one reason or another, simply haven't been able to do the same. Guthrie has been great this season and I think we'll need someone of similar ilk if we're to maintain the standard we've set this year especially when Tiote goes to the ACON. I'm afraid I don't know enough about Amalfitano or Butterfield to pass comment, but I do hope that they fit the bill.

He's played in nearly half of our PL games this season, 19 appearances in total and that's just through injuries/ACoN etc.

Factor in Europe and the cups and qualification depending, he could see 25-30 games next season IMO